The George Inn
Located in the heart of the lively market town of Selby in North Yorkshire, the George Inn is set in a 15th Century coach house beside Selby Abbey. It consists of a large bar area and a beer garden.Rooms at the The George Inn are decorated in pastel colors and some offer views of Selby Abbey. They are all equipped with an private bathroom, a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities.The on-site bar and restaurant serves traditional English pub food, including a cooked English breakfast, lighter options such as sandwiches, wraps and ciabattas and larger meals such as burgers, pies and grilled meat.The hotel is located just a 5-minute walk from Selby Rail Station and only 1,000 feet from the banks of the River Ouse. The historic city of York is only 14 miles north of the hotel and the vibrant city of Leeds can be reached in a 24-minute train journey.
- The room was very well equipped and the bed quite comfortable. Easy location to find and handy for looking around Selby.
- The George Inn is located a short walk from the train station and a few steps from Selby Abbey, the magnificent church I wanted to visit.
- IVE STAYED AT THE GEORGE INN TWICE BEFORE, WHILST TRAVELLING, EXCELLENT PLACE FOR A NIGHT STAY. LIVELY PUB WITH GOOD BREAKFAST, EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY.
- Enjoyed stay at The George the location was fantastic, greatly admired The Abbey just next door At breakfast Sun 19th May 2019 the chef bent over backwards ensuring our food was good offering a freshly baked croissant to myself so special mention to him thank you
- The staff were great and very friendly. The rooms are above the Pub and Restaurant and very comfortable and quite spacious. Having onsite parking available was very convenient. The breakfast was fantastic and the evening meals were very good. The festive atmosphere in the restaurant was fantastic, especially for us visiting from overseas during the Christmas period. Very nice place and would definitely stay here again!
Owl, Hambleton by Marston’s Inns
One of our top picks in Selby. The Owl Hotel in Hambleton provides attractive bed and breakfast accommodations, around 9 minutes’ drive from Selby. This Marston’s Inn also has a bar and restaurant serving a wide range of meals.All rooms at The Owl Hotel have a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee facilities and an en suite shower room, as well as a work desk and chair. All areas also benefit from free Wi-Fi.The bar has a spacious beer garden and serves a wide choice of world wines, and also teas and coffees.The restaurant menu includes gourmet burgers, pasta dishes and curries alongside lighter lunch dishes.Selby is within a 35-minute drive of both Leeds and York. A large town itself, Selby has many well-known shops and its attractions include Selby Abbey, parts of which date back to the 11th-century.
- Great value for the one night business stay. Good setup re covid rules and friendly attentive staff
- Really friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was very good and great value. The break overall was excellent value for money.
- Very welcoming and efficient staff. Good efforts to follow Covid guidelines. Very good food. Very reasonable.
- Very good covid precautions. Friendly efficient staff especially Annie the waitress for dinner who was excellent!
- The breakfast was lovely and a fantastic choice , Matt talked us through what was available
The Wishing Well
A modern friendly hotel, located on the A63 Selby Bypass, only 3/4 of a mile from the town center. Our hotel also has a bar and family restaurant with a children’s play area.At The Wishing Well, you will be welcomed by our team of staff who will look after you throughout your stay. We cater for everyone staying at our hotel from the discerning business traveler to a family of 4. Ample free car parking is available to all hotel guests.
- In a very challenging time for the industry the wishing well is taking all the precautions it should to minimise the risks to customers. Minimal items in rooms, app for ordering in the restaurant, hand sanitisers on all levels, doors open where possible and even sanitisers on the playground.
- Clean and tidy. Breakfast included which was very nice. Compliments to the chef. Staff friendly and helpful. Recommended
- Fantastic value for money! Lovely full English with a continental buffet to boot. Kids breakfast was free too. Staff were friendly both at the hotel and the pub. The family room was large and was very clean. Beds were comfortable and it had a nice powerful shower. Location was central for loads of places to visit. Had a very late lunch at the pub restaurant which came in at just over 30 quid for a family of 4 and we were suitably stuffed! The pictures dont do it justice and is far better value than the bigger budget brands off the telly. Perfect for a family so book it. We will certainly being staying again in the future probably for Stockeld Park winter Illuminations which is amazing too!
- clean,warm,staff were very helpfull. went beyond there job.well pleased.
- Fun place for kids to play outside and inside playground. Friendly and helpful staff. Restaurant with pub.
Best Western Plus Milford Hotel
Located just 13 miles from Leeds, Best Western Plus Milford Hotel offers rooms with free WiFi access and private parking facilities free of charge. The property is 30 minutes’ drive from York and features a 24-hour front desk, as well as an on-site restaurant and a bar.Rooms at Best Western Plus Milford Hotel boast contemporary design and come with a flat-screen TV with freeview channels and speakers linked into the bathroom. They also include a work area with a writing desk, as well as a private bathroom fitted with either a bathtub or a shower and a hairdryer.Fine and casual cuisine are offered at the hotel’s award-winning Watermill Restaurant, where a wholesome breakfast is served every morning. Breakfast can also be served in the guest rooms upon request. A variety of drinks and snacks are also available in the bar throughout the day.Located on the A63 between Leeds and Selby, the hotel has easy links with the A1(M), M1 and M62. Milford Hotel is 30 minutes’ drive away from Harrogate International Center. The property offers a complimentary electric car charging station for guests.
- The bed was very comfortable. Biscuits where lushs too.
- Heated bathroom floorCould bring dogLarge bedCleanliness
- The facility was new and very clean and comfortable. It was close to the motorway, which is what we needed since we just needed a place to say while traveling from Scotland to London. We got in late and needed to eat dinner. It was good that the restaurant was still open with good food served.
- The bed and pillows were wonderful and soft. Had a good nights sleep
- We have stayed in a lot of hotels and even under the Covid 19 restrictions we can rate this Hotel as in our top 5 . . Well done to Best Western and all the Staff located at this Hotel.Keep Safe and Keep up the good work in these trying times.
Staycity Aparthotels Barbican Centre
One of our top picks in York. Conveniently located on Paragon Street, Staycity Aparthotels offer a mix of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments adjacent to York Barbican. York Minster, Castle Museum and Grand Opera House are all within a 1 miles walk.All apartments come with air conditioning and feature Super Fast WiFi, 32-inch LED flat-screen TV’s and rainfall showers. Each unit comes with a fully equipped kitchen or kitchenette, including facilities such as a dishwasher, fridge, twin hob and microwave.There is a 24-hour reception desk. Food and beverage options include freshly baked pizzas, a range of beers, wines and soft drinks, a range of snacks and confectionery, freshly ground coffee and tea. There is also a pantry selling food to prepare in your apartment. A Continental grab-and-go breakfast is available in the mornings and light snacks in the afternoons. A fitness room is also available on-site for guest use.Staycity Aparthotels Paragon Street is adjacent to York Barbican which reopened as a conference and entertainment center in 2011. The venue plays host to live bands, comedy nights and family shows as well as being the city’s largest conference center. York Minster is 0.9 miles from the property while York Racecourse 1.6 miles away. The Castle Museum is just a 5-minute walk away while Cliffords Tower, York Dungeons can be reached within a 10-minute walk. York Racecourse is a 10-minute drive.
- Great location, rooms very clean, everything that we needed
- A very practical apartment, just a short walk away from the city centre! The room was also very clean. A good place to stay for a weekend exploring York
- Comfy room, staff were nice and friendly, good location
- Everything spotless. Friendly helpful staff. Comfy bed and free laundry service
- This was the 1st time staying in this type of accommodation and was very impressed with the facilities in the room especially the fridge The bed was very comfortable and the location being just away from the center was great as it was nice and quiet although I would imagine this area could be louder when the Barbican center is open again We were impressed with the extra precautions that the staff were taking due to covid pandemic
Days Inn Wetherby
Located 3 minutes’ drive from the A1 motorway, Days Inn Wetherby offers free WIFI, free on-site parking and comfortable en suite accommodations.The Days Inn Wetherby has a prominent location within Moto’s impressive motorway service area at Wetherby. Strategically located by Wetherby Racecourse, the hotel is within easy reach of Wetherby, York, Leeds and Harrogate.The hotel has 129 rooms, all of which are en suite with modern power showers. Each room receives plenty of natural daylight and has a work desk area. Every room has a hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities and a flat-screen TV with Freeview channels.A continental breakfast including croissants, muffin and hot drinks is served daily. Alternatively, a take-away breakfast bag is also available.During the evening guests can enjoy a range of spirits, beer and wine from the bar.
- Clean, comfortable and an easy place to stay for an overnight stop with free parking and easy place to grab something to eat being a Service Area. Would definitely return.
- Great location for a stop over en route up north, Lake District etc. Nice area to sit and relax in by the bar.
- Room was excellent staff friendly on arrival bit strange on leaving
- Comfort, location and helpful staff with an excellent room too.
- Good location next to M1 and very cooperative staff
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Set in beautiful grounds, Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel blends modern amenities with old-world style in an 18th-century Georgian manor house. Free high-speed WiFi is provided, as well as free parking and complimentary access to a nearby Health Club.Upon entering the hotel you are welcomed by an open, spacious lounge with sofas. The old wing has a sweeping oak staircase that leads to guest rooms and the newer wing is accessible by stairs or elevator. All bedrooms have a Freeview HD TV, individual private bathroom facilities and tea/coffee making facilities.Guests can take afternoon tea, curl up with a book or play a board game in the lounge area, or alternatively, take a stroll through the nearby beautiful Yorkshire countryside.York city center is only a 15-minute drive away on one direct road where you can visit Yorkminster and Clifford’s Tower. Mercure York is just a 10-minute walk to the Park and Ride facility.
- Staff were amazingly friendly especially with my young family
- I liked the room size for a family. Very comfortable and spacious for a family of four. Although the room was dated the sheets were soft, clean and comfortable. Lovely grounds out front which our children loved running around on.
- Location was close to Park Ride for easy access to York. It was also in a quiet environment with outdoor garden facilities even if the weather did not permit our use of these, and close to main roads to continue journey. The room was spacious with plenty of room for luggage. Our dining room experience was lovely the service and food. We also liked the special offer available in the Brasserie.
- Check in was a delight of sheer helpfulness. Breakfast hit the mark and then some in terms of choice, quality, service. Our room was excellent and the bed one of the best I have slept in away from home. They did not let themselves down with lousy pillows either. All in all a great experience to be recommended to anyone.
- A good business hotel for visiting York/Scarborough area.
Located in Cawood, Jolly Sailor has a bar, shared lounge and free WiFi.At the inn all rooms include a closet, a TV and a shared bathroom.Guests at Jolly Sailor can enjoy a continental breakfast.You can play darts at the accommodation.York is 10 miles from Jolly Sailor, while Leeds is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Leeds Bradford International Airport, 28 miles from the inn.
- Good value accommodation within half an hour of York. There is a well equipped kitchen for self catering and food is also served in the pub. There is a good selection of hand pulled beers in the pub.
- Friendly staffConvenient location for our breakNice bedrooms
- We needed somewhere cheap during a house move and were pleasantly surprised. Kathy is still getting the business sorted after lockdown but the room was clean and comfortable. The little kitchen meant we could help ourselves to coffee, cereal, toast etc and be on our way without disturbing anyone. We knew it was a shared shower but it was very clean and we were the only guests. Kathy and Billy were extremely good hosts, even cooking bar snacks which arent normally served on Sunday. Very generous portions for just 5 each. Would definitely stay again if in the area as its amazing value for money with the added bonus of the pub downstairs.
- Location was great, out of town but only 20 minutes to York. Staff were excellent, answered all our questions.
- outstanding value for money at the price. Lovely staff, friendly and helpful. Great location in village. Breakfast was help yourself and I thought it was an excellent selection. Lovely lounge you could sit in that faced the friary. Room was good size with decent bed and everything was very clean.
Located in Selby, Olympia Hotel has a bar, shared lounge, garden, and free WiFi throughout the property. Featuring family rooms, this property also provides guests with a playground. The property has evening entertainment and a shared kitchen.The rooms are equipped with an electric tea pot, while some rooms also feature a kitchenette with a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge. All rooms in the inn are equipped with a flat-screen TV and free toiletries.Continental and buffet breakfast options are available every morning at Olympia Hotel.The accommodation has a sun terrace. You can play darts at Olympia Hotel.York is 13 miles from the inn, while Leeds is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Doncaster Sheffield Airport, 26 miles from Olympia Hotel.
- Location perfect for my purposes. ie.good transport link for a walking holiday.
- This was the cleanest place I rented, everyone from start to finish was very warm and made me feel like Ive known them before the stay. It was quiet and i really enjoy it. All the stores are very close there is even a store right across the street.
- Friendly staff, friendly lads at the pub, 15 minute walk from the abbey and town stores. Room was nice and spacious and the beds comfy. The kitchenette was really useful. Will visit again.
- No breakfast because of coronavirus but I stayed there before and the staff are very nice
- Friendly staff and good location to get to York and leeds
Bay horse hotel
Located in Selby, Bay horse hotel provides a bar and terrace and Free WiFi is available.Guest rooms in the hotel are equipped with a flat-screen TV. At Bay horse hotel each room is equipped with a private bathroom.York is 14 mi from the accommodations, while Leeds is 23 mi away. The nearest airport is Doncaster Sheffield Airport, 25 mi from Bay horse hotel.
No reviews yet.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Wistow