Holiday Inn Express Colchester
One of our top picks in Colchester. Located just off the A12, Holiday Inn Express Colchester offers air-conditioned, modern bedrooms with satellite TVs. There is a restaurant, a bar and free private parking.Each room with attached bathroom at Colchester Holiday Inn Express features free WiFi, tea/coffee making facilities, powerful showers and work desks.Holiday Inn Express Colchester provides a continental breakfast each morning. Guests can also make use of the ironing room, available in the lounge area.The Holiday Inn is just a 14-minute drive from the award-winning Colchester Zoo, which is rated one of the finest zoos in Europe. Guests can enjoy over 260 species of animals and reptiles, along with 60 acres of beautiful parkland and lakes. The nearest airport is Stansted Airport, 38 mi from the hotel.
- Great value and decent location, good restaurant food
- slept very well . shower excellent, breakfast well, in a bag dont you cant expect much, prefer cooked breakfast .
- Very peaceful, very comfortable and staff are very polite and friendly
- Stayed here a couple of times and have found the staff very helpful and very polite. Rooms are comfortable and peaceful.
- We liked the convenience of being able to check in late, as my flight in had delays. Bed was really comfortable. Room temperature was just right. Shower was beautiful and modern, fluffy bath towels. Breakfast included was a bonus. This had everything we needed and wanted for a one night stay. We used the petrol station next door when we left the next day.
Set in beautiful Suffolk countryside, this grade II 16th-century coaching Inn’s offers rooms with antique furniture and free Wi-Fi. The traditional restaurant and bar provide great food and real ales.With a flat-screen TV, free tea and coffee and a hairdryer, each individually styled room also features elegant décor. Some rooms have original exposed beams, while all have a private bathroom. As an extra special touch, champagne, flowers or luxury chocolates can be added as a supplement.Angel Inn provides a range of breakfast options, including full English breakfasts. Served in the dining room or in the courtyard, the seasonal lunch and a dinner menus are made with local produce.The Inn’s charming bar has beamed ceilings, and stocks beers from small regional breweries. It also provides a range of carefully selected fine wines.In the tranquil village of Stoke-by-Nayland, the Angel is set on a ridge overlooking the Stor Valley. The village church’s grand tower appears in many of John Constable’s paintings.
- Excellent location with a great bar and resturant. Breakfast was also excellent. A perfect stay.
- We ate in the restaurant in the evening and had a nice meal, in cosy comfortable surroundings, the breakfast was good quality and very good, the room was pleasant, bathroom a little tired but not a problem, overall a high standard with friendly young staff who were attentive
- Well greased operation great team, food and facility you will not be disappointed!
- The staff were excellent both times weve stayed there and the breakfast delicious!! Thank you
- Cozy quirky old school pub with real wood beans and open log fire. The bedroom also quirky, cozy and large. Bed very comfortable.
Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa
Situated on 300 acres of countryside on the edge of the Dedham Vale and just off route A134, this hotel is about a 20 minute drive from Colchester and Ipswich.Stoke By Nayland Hotel offers a choice of excellent dining facilities, Peake Spa & Health center, and two 18-hole championship golf courses. There is also a driving range with 20 covered bays. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.There are conference and banquet facilities for up to 450 people and free car parking for up to 350 cars. Stansted Airport and London are a one hour drive away.
- We were there to celebrate my son and daughter in laws 1st anniversary with both parents
- We enjoyed our one nights stay at Stoke by Nayland hotel. Staff were very friendly and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast on the veranda overlooking the golf course was fabulous!
- Food wS excellentStaff very friendly and professional Hotel was very clean
- Excellent facilities and accommodation, great location
- Because of COVID 19 we couldnt go abroad so I have decided to take my family to somewhere in England and close to home. Found this hotel on Booking.com. Amazing hotel.. very clean and very friendly staff. We all have had a wonderful 5 days in there. Food great as well. Only negative point is my son couldnt go to the pool because of Covid restrictions. I cant blame the hotel for that. Thats unfortunate situation. Definitely we are planning to go back there when this crisis is over. Highly recommended this hotel. Mashi from Norwich
Holiday Inn Colchester
In a quiet village setting, just off the A12, outside the ancient Roman town of Colchester, this modern hotel offers great value with free parking, air-conditioned rooms and an indoor pool.Close to junction 26 of the A12, the Holiday Inn Colchester has a convenient location, only 3.1 mi from the very heart of Colchester, the oldest recorded town in Britain. London Stansted Airport is only a 40-minute drive away.All of the air-conditioned rooms have an HD flat-screen TV and in-house movies, with Wi-Fi internet available at an extra charge. All rooms are located on the first floor of the hotel and are en suite with a shower over the bath. Children under 12 years of age stay and eat for free.The hotel’s own on-site health club has an indoor pool, a gym, a sauna, a steam room and a spa.The hotel offers 24-hour room service. The restaurant and bar serves traditional British dishes and international cuisine.
- Joe in the restaurant was very friendly and informative. Beds were comfortable. Staff was helpful.
- The reception staff were lovely and the food in the restaurant was very tasty and exceeded my expectations!
- Excellent meal in the evening and the breakfast as a good range and plentiful. The pool was a little small but all staff were friendly and welcoming
- location good/ breakfast not worth the 15.00 pound each drinks bit pricey at bar spa etc great we stayed at the cambrige one a month ago the same room had sofa etc in room this one didnt overhaull its ok for a nights stay
- The hotel was fine. Very clean and comfortable. I missed breakfast but Im sure it was good. We were there for a wedding nearby so it was more than adequate for what we needed. Great value for money. Great showers. Only downside was no lift if you have much luggage, or are less able bodied, request a room downstairs.
Dragonfly Hotel Colchester
One of our top picks in Colchester. This property is located a 10 minute drive from Colchester center, next to the A12 motorway. There is an on-site restaurant and free parking. Free high-speed WiFi is available throughout the property.Each bedroom at the Dragonfly Hotel Colchester has an private bathroom. All rooms feature a 43-inch wall-mounted Phillips flat-screen TV with Freeview, Hypnos beds, USB charging ports, desks and arm chairs. Tea and coffee making facilities are offered, as well as a refreshment tray with purchasable snacks and drinks.There is a cozy bar and lounge area with ample seating, and a restaurant serving an all-day dining menu.The Dragonfly Hotel Colchester is a 20-minute drive from the coast at Clacton-on-Sea. Colchester Zoo is a 15-minute drive away, and both Harwich and Ipswich are 25 minutes away by car.
- That also means its very quiet. This is our second time staying there and weve been pleased both times.
- Amazing value for money, really clean and nicely decorated have stayed in some hotels which are a lot more expensive and high end yet this hotel was so much cheaper with no difference in quality good location and very nice all you can eat breakfast
- The property was ok but very very understaffed and the staff that were working were multitasking and therefore this lead to a lot of waiting
- Beds were very comfortable,breakfast very nice,staff very helpful
- Staff was very kind and room was ok no noise from beighbours
Boasting wonderful views across the Stour and Box river valleys, this privately owned inn is set on a hill in the picturesque village of Stoke-by-Nayland, on the Essex and Suffolk border.With a passion for good service, food, wine and real ale, The Crown offers a 2 AA Rosette award-winning restaurant. Using local produce, the kitchen prepares homemade food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.With Colchester and Ipswich 15 minutes away, during your stay at The Crown you can explore the wonderful surroundings, including the historic villages of Dedham, Lavenham, Kersey, Clare and Long Melford. The countryside is also ideal for walking and biking.
- Breakfast was a completely different experience to other hotels I have stayed at. Everything was bought out fresh, rather than leaving a lot of stuff out for people to help themselves which you could argue not only creates waste, but potentially lays it open for some of the items to be reused the next day. Food at breakfast and dinner was clearly prepared by someone who knew what they were doing, injected true passion and love into it, and gave it a lot of thought in terms of proving something nutritionally balanced also instead of a plate of stodge
- The Crown is a lovely hotel, with very friendly and helpful staff.The room was tastefully furnished, and the facilities were first rate.We ate in the restaurant for our evening meal, where there is a good choice of well cooked meals and a great atmosphere. The all inclusive breakfast is superb, with a huge choice of food prepared to order. The gardens in particular were beautiful, and the gardener should be congratulated for his obvious hard work and passion. Car parking is free and simple to access.Unusually for a country hotel, care has been taken to ensure easy access for disabled guests, and they should be applauded for this important consideration.
- The hotel is nice, modern and clean. Breakfast was great.
- The rooms were clean and a very decent size. The shower was amazing! The lady at reception was very welcoming and helpful. The food in the restaurant was fantastic and the staff were working very hard.
- Great breakfast menu. Top service. Lovely location.
One of our top picks in Colchester. Located in Colchester, 650 feet from Colchester Castle, this AA rated property features a garden. Located around 3.7 mi from Colchester Zoo, the hotel is also 6.8 mi away from Flatford. The accommodations features a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage for guests. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property.Guest rooms in the hotel are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Rooms are complete with a private bathroom equipped with free toiletries. Some rooms at GreyFriars also offer a seating area. All guest rooms will provide guests with a desk and a coffee machine.A continental or buffet breakfast is available each morning at the property. At the accommodations you will find a restaurant serving British cuisine.Colchester Institute is 0.7 mi from the hotel. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 24 mi from GreyFriars.
- The room was beautiful! The shower/bathroom, decor and bed were very luxurious. The food, restaurant, bar, drinks and all interactions with the staff was just excellent. Cant fault any of that. Parking was fab, no problems at all. The location was wonderful, we really enjoyed exploring an autumnal Colchester. Will definitely be returning.
- Excellent room generally and luxury Bathroom, very well furnished and kitted out. Very well appointed hotel in a good location. Friendly staff.
- The hotel is great and decorated to a high standard, the food is very good and the staff were great. It is conveniently located on the high street, but away from the hustle and bustle.
- The whole experience from check in to check out was amazing
- Nice hotel, good bar and great food. Spacious room suite, although dated decor in the room.
Best Western The Rose & Crown Hotel
One of our top picks in Colchester. Occupying a 14th-century traveler’s inn, the award-winning Best Western Rose and Crown Hotel is just a 15 minute walk from the center of historic Colchester.The Rose and Crown offers guests both modern and oak-beam rooms, which all include free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs with Freeview cable channels, tea and coffee-making facilities, and private bathrooms.Food and drink at the Rose and Crown is provided at both the formal hotel restaurant and the Tudor Bar and Brasserie with its real log fires. All food is home-produced and made using seasonal ingredients.
- The building has been around for centuries, but was well updated and comfortable.
- Good location and staff were friendly. Lovely clean room in fact the whole of Hotel was spotless. Great a safe parking on site and a really interesting and well looked after building.
- Friendly staff and central to town Good breakfast and again really nice staff who deserve recognition for all their hard work!
- We liked staying in such an old establishment which was still very comfortable warm and friendly. Also hearing about the history of the building.
- We were visiting family so did not take breakfast at the hotel. However the coffee was not great!
The George Hotel
Set in the heart of Colchester, the 500-year-old George Hotel features an à-la-carte restaurant and a bar, and offers rooms with free WiFi access throughout. The hotel also has a 24-hour front desk and spacious meeting facilities.Rooms at George Hotel feature traditional décor in warm tones and come with a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. They all include an private bathroom fitted with either a bathtub or a shower and a hairdryer, and free toiletries are provided.Breakfast is served every morning in the common dining room or in the guest rooms upon request. The hotel’s restaurant serves regional specialties and guests can enjoy a range of spirits in the lounge bar throughout the day.George Hotel lies 350 feet from Colchester’s Town Hall, surrounded by an array of shops, bars and restaurants. The property is located 40 mi from London’s city center and Cambridge is 39 mi away.
- Clean, fresh, modern and comfortable. Access and security excellent.
- The staff were friendy and helpful. The room was clean and bright.
- Excellent location. Lovely English charm and character. Secure parking onsite.
- The room was modern and spotless, Very comfortable
- Great location. Fantastic atmosphere at the hotel. We loved the lounge area in the bar where people could meet and relax with a drink. Steeped in history. Beautiful old building.
Star Anglia Hotel
Star Anglia Hotel is less than 10 minutes’ walk from Colchester Train Station and town center and offers variety of bright rooms which have free WiFi and a private bathroom. The hotel also features an open terrace on the first floor and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the property’s complimentary electric car charging point.All modern rooms include a flat-screen TV, colorful fabrics and tea and coffee making facilities.The property has local bus connections to the University of Essex, Colchester Zoo and other surrounding areas of Colchester. Guests can reach the University of Essex and Colchester Zoo in 30 minutes or less by bus from the property. Colchester United Football Club is 2 miles away. Hollytrees Museum is 0.8 miles away, while Colchester Arts Center is 0.6 miles away.Colchester’s main shopping streets and the castle park are around 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel. Central London can be reached in just over an hour by train, while other nearby options include Ipswich (18 miles), Frinton-on-Sea (16 miles), Clacton-on-Sea (15 miles) and Mersea Island (7.7 miles away).Full English and continental breakfasts are served every morning. The bar is open from noon until late.
- This property is outstanding!!!! What a hidden gem!!!
- Breakfast was good. Plenty of choices and kept on replenishing it when low/finished. Location was not far from town. A bus stop was just right in front of the hotel for ease of travel. The lift was a bonus as we stayed on the 1st floor.
- The single room was the perfect size for 1 guest. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. The outdoor terrace was delightful with lots of beautiful flowers. The breakfast was great. More than enough to eat!
- The location was amazingly central, the hotel was very clean and the bed really comfortable
- We have been here before. Always happy with staff and room. Location is a short walk to shopping area.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Nayland