OYO The Old Lodge
One of our top picks in Gosport. Located in Alverstoke, OYO The Old Lodge features a restaurant and a bar, along with free onsite parking.The rooms include a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The en-suite bath or shower rooms have complimentary toiletries. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.In the mornings, OYO The Old Lodge serves an extensive breakfast menu. Guests can choose from full English breakfast, black pudding with sauté mushrooms, and poached kippers. The restaurant offers a wide range of evening meals and desserts.Alverstoke is just 2 miles from the town of Gosport.
- Location was great and close to the beach. Breakfast was huge and tasty!
- The property is well maintained and has a very relaxing atmosphere.The young gentleman who booked us in and served our food was very pleasant and approachable food was excellent massive portions for the money and not done cheaply, effort was noted in the food quality. The owner, who served us breakfast in the morning was lovely to chat to, winner of 4 in a bed 2015 one of my favorites on TV and was really open and warm breakfast was amazing as was the coffee we were well fedCant recommend this place highly enough well worth the stay and I will return for the money, you wont find a better place and that does not come lightly with me as I am quite a fussy guy when it comes to beds, shower and room conditionThis place has a licensed bar too and a lovely outside area in which to enjoy
- I loved the little snug and bar. It was so cosy and friendly. We arrived on a cold evening and it was so warm and welcoming.
- A very popular local bar and restaurant. The chef and menu are very good, offering additions to the standard pub grub menu. It provided all the essentials in the room, tea and coffee making facilities and toiletries, with a feeling of cosiness.
- This hotel was in a good location only a few minutes from sea front. We had one evening meal which was excellent as we were their for a family wedding. The breakfasts were very good value also full English first morning and eggs second with plenty of toast and jam, coffee and milk at least three cups each.
Bridgemary Manor Hotel & Pub
One of our top picks in Gosport. The Manor Hotel is located 2 miles from Gosport, on the South Coast. It offers a restaurant serving homemade traditional British meals, free parking and comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi.The rooms at the Manor have private bathrooms with hairdryers and free toiletries. They also include TVs, alarm clock radios and tea/coffee-making facilities.The menu has light snacks, main meals and plenty of options for vegetarians. Cooked breakfasts are served each morning and roast dinners are available on Sundays. There is also a well stocked bar.The beach at Lee-on-the-Solent is less than a 10-minute drive away. The Portsmouth Ferry Port is a 15-minute drive from the Manor Hotel.
- Always good here but better now with food back on site
- Good location. Nice pub. Food good but a limited menu. Breakfast was also good
- The food was really nice. The staff were very nice and friendly. The location was good for the reason we stayed there. The whole place was clean and tidy.
- Great value for money. Clean with friendly staff.
- Wonderful Pub/Hotel! Good food. Lovely personnel.
The Roundabout Hotel
One of our top picks in Fareham. Located 10 minutes’ drive from Portsmouth town center and South Downs National Park, The Roundabout Hotel offers an on-site 70-seater restaurant and rooms with free Wi-Fi.An private bathroom, TV and tea/coffee making facilities are featured in each room at The Roundabout.English and French cuisine is served in the restaurant, with à la carte and buffet menus on offer.The seaside town of Lee-on-Solent is a 20-minute drive away and caters for water skiers, wind surfers and sunbathers. A wide variety of shops, museums and heritage sites can be found in Portsmouth town center.
- Excellent catering for gluten free. Cooked breakfast to order despite offering a buffet breakfast. Excellent value for money from a discounted price off booking.com.
- I booked an hour before I arrived and was welcomed. Nothing was mentioned of how I booked very late or how it was 10PM already. It was such a relief.
- Great atmosphere, great service! travelling alone but made to feel very welcome!
- Everyone was friendly and very helpful when we checked out, the young lady at reception wrote out step by step directions for us for our next destination. The breakfast was cooked to order, delicious, with very generous portions. We also had supper in the hotel, and it was also very tasty and very reasonably priced. We spent part of the afternoon in the pub garden with some lovely, friendly dogs. The room was nicely clean, and the beds comfortable.
- Great cooked breakfast included, they even accommodated for a vegan!
One of our top picks in Gosport. Facing the beachfront in Gosport, Anglesey Hotel has a garden and a bar. Among the facilities of this property are a restaurant, room service and luggage storage space, along with free WiFi.At the hotel, rooms come with a desk and a TV. The rooms include an electric tea pot and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, while selected rooms also feature a kitchenette equipped with a microwave. All rooms have a closet.Guests at Anglesey Hotel can enjoy a buffet or a à la carte breakfast.Fishing is among the activities that guests can enjoy near the accommodation.Southampton is 19 miles from Anglesey Hotel, while Portsmouth is 14 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 20 miles from the hotel.
- Staff was really accomodating, went the extra mile especially for breakfast meals making it to go. etc.Rooms were decent.
- Beautiful building, rooms lovely and a great view! Staff very attentive. Would definitely stay again.
- There was plenty of food. I would have liked HOT coffee which I asked for the second morning and got. Coffee standing in a thermos does not stay hot. Staff was very welcoming.Radiator worked well.LOVED the view on the Solent.
- Lovely location , breakfast amazing and wonderful beds and pillows
- Great location. Beautiful, old house. Lovely breakfast room. Great bar
Red Lion Hotel by Greene King Inns
In the center of Fareham with easy access to the M27 motorway, this 18th-century coaching inn offers spacious, classic rooms with private bathrooms. Its bar features real ales and leather sofas.Each of the elegant, traditionally furnished rooms at the Red Lion Hotel includes a TV and free Wi-Fi access. Tea and coffee facilities are provided, along with a hairdryer and ironing facilities.The cozy bar and restaurant serves specialty coffees, bar snacks, and chef’s daily specials. Guests can also enjoy a range of light meals.Fareham Shopping Center is located just next to the inn, while Fareham’s many shops and restaurants can be reached in a 10-minute walk. Fareham Rail Station is 15 minutes’ walk away, while Portsmouth is a 10-minute drive. Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and Portsmouth International Ferry port are located nearby.
- I stayed as I was coming to relatives for Christmas very efficient service and perfect position.
- Excellent choice of food for breakfast served by efficient and welcoming staff. Reception staff also very pleasant and helpful. Room located on the ground floor except for 3 steps which I appreciated as I am asthmatic and not so young!
- breakfast was excellent and the staff serving were so friendly and professional.
- Staff were understanding about the room I had..staff are brilliant.breakfast and bar staff were very nice..Im a regular visitor..
- The staff were very friendly and helpful.The room was clean and comfy.
Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
Located near the quaint village of Titchfield on the edge of the Meon Valley, 10 miles radius from Portsmouth and Southampton, Holiday Inn Fareham Solent offers free parking, a well-equipped leisure/health club, a stylish restaurant, and modern bedrooms.Each spacious room at Holiday Inn Fareham has an private bathroom with free toiletries, air conditioning, a work desk, and a flat-screen interactive TV.The on-site Spirit Health Club features an indoor swimming pool, sauna, solarium and hot tub, and there is also a fully equipped fitness center and treatment rooms. Holiday Inn also has a leafy garden with a terrace.The restaurant serves traditional British cuisine and a range of European wines. Traders Bar and Lounge offers light meals and snacks, and breakfasts are also available daily. Children eat free when sharing a room with parents.Just a 5-minute drive from the M27 motorway, Holiday Inn Fareham Solent is 2 miles from Solent and Segensworth Business Parks. Southampton Airport is a 20-minute drive away.
- My husband and I took our 3 children 18 1 16, 10 away for New Years Eve and it was fantastic. Something for everyone, sauna, steam, swim, jacuzzi, 3 course meal, evening disco, bar and breakfast. We had the best time. The staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble! We will definitely be back!
- LACK OF STAFF, BREAKFAST IS A BIT POOR FOR THE ASKED PRICE, QUALITY IS BELOW STANDARD
- Lovely versatile hotel, superbly spacious room, great convenient location for my needs
- Easy access to main routes, comfortable rooms and good size. Reception staff helpful and friendly at check in. Easy free parking
- The staff were excellent, working under very difficult circumstances.
Keppels Head Hotel
One of our top picks in Portsmouth. This historic hotel, built in 1779, has free parking and an excellent location about 650 feet from Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard, Portsmouth Harbour Train Station, Gunwharf Quays and Spinnaker Tower. Free Wi-Fi is accessible in the public areas.Keppels Head Hotel is an ideal base if you plan to visit the 3 ships at the Historic Dockyard: the Mary Rose, HMS Victory and HMS Warrior 1860. Rooms at the front of the hotel have a view of the harbor.The hotel is a 5-minute drive from the continental ferry port. Gunwharf Quays has numerous restaurants, bars, a casino, a nightclub, a cinema and bowling.
- Fabulous location with great views. Large room with comfortable bed. Excellent value for money. Lovely staff. Free parking
- Liked everything apart from restaurant not open on Thursday evening.
- location and parking very goodnice breakfastand staff especially keristy lovely
- I was very confortable and they were very nice to me. The Hotel is charming and it has a free parking lot behind it. Access from road is easy and I will definitely repeat when in the area. good job.
- We were not aware of the renovations underway I had booked a year earlier. Very impressed with the progress tho Lift was not in service yet. Helen, at the desk, was a Jewel she could not have been kinder to us. I LOVED the soft, calming music played in the reception rooms…the way public music Should be. The Kepples is in a Travel poster about Portsmouth in the South Kensington Tunnel to the VA in London !! I would not stay anywhere else. Thank You Helen William !! Kristina cousin Bob. Ohio USA 3 nightsSept 2019
Lysses House Hotel
In the heart of Fareham, Lysses House is an elegant Georgian hotel on the main shopping street, a short walk from the center of town and easily accessible from highway M27.Guests may relax over a drink in the comfortable bar and lounge, before heading to The Richmond Restaurant, which serves excellent food in an elegant setting.All of the classically furnished, comfortable rooms with private bathrooms have a flat-screen Freeview (digital cable) TV and Wi-Fi internet access. The hotel also has beautiful grounds with a terrace.Lysses House Hotel provides the perfect base from which to explore Hampshire and the surrounding area. Local attractions in Fareham include historic Portchester Castle and a range of stores, restaurants and pubs.
- I liked everything about this hotel, this was my second time staying here aiming to stay again.I travel for business, it fits perfect into my Journey plans, a good quality hotel. Will be back mid end Jan.
- Breakfast options were very Good from Simple Healthy to Full English Dining room was very pleasant and created a nice environment to start the day
- Comfy roomGood choice on the breakfast menuHandy location for the Town CentreGood car parking
- Just that it was excellent and there were no problems.
- I always have an amazing time when I stay. Such a friendly helpful team in a lovely location.
ibis budget Portsmouth
Located close to Fratton and around 5 minutes’ drive from Portsmouth city center, ibis budget Portsmouth is just 6 minutes’ drive from Southsea beach. Also 3 minutes’ walk from Fratton Park, home of Portsmouth Football Club, it has free Wi-Fi access available to all guests.The contemporary designed rooms each have brightly decorated furniture and feature an en suite shower and a flat-screen TV.A continental breakfast buffet is served every morning in the dining area. For an additional charge, guests can enjoy unlimited hot drinks, juices, breads and cereals.The Spinnaker Tower, one of Portsmouth’s most famous landmarks, is a 7-minute drive from the ibis budget Portsmouth. The D-Day Museum is 2 miles away, and Portsmouth Harbor Station is also an 8-minute car journey from the hotel.The hotel has free onsite parking with limited spaces which cannot be reserved. An overflow car park is available nearby and permits can be picked up at reception.
- Really clean room, plenty of space. The staff were so lovely and helpful too and the hotel felt really safe and clean. Its in a really good location for having a walk around Portsmouth and is close to coffee shops etc.
- Staff are very friendly helpful and polite our room was very clean beds were comfortable we had a tv which my son was very pleased with an mostly enjoyed the bunk bed. Ask breakfast was lovely and a good price too.
- The staff were probably the best that I have experienced in a hotel, nothing was too much trouble.
- A reasonably priced hotel, conveniently near to Brittany ferry terminal, delayed ferry and a very late check in was no problem, easy parking
- Staff are really friendly and try there best to make your stay comfortable
This modern hotel is in the middle of Portsmouth, just 1,700 feet from Portsmouth and Southsea Train Station. The Ibis Hotel Portsmouth has a 24-hour snack menu, on-site parking and a stylish restaurant.The cozy bedrooms at Ibis Portsmouth each have a private bathroom and tea/coffee facilities. Rooms also feature a work desk and a TV with on-demand movies.The Cafe Bar serves an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet and a light international menu. The spacious bar offers a range of beverages and snacks, and features colorful decor.The Ibis Hotel is less than 1,700 feet from Portsmouth Guildhall. Gunwharf Quays is half a mile away, and Southsea’s Clarence Pier is a 20-minute walk from the hotel. Portsmouth Ferry Terminal is 1.5 miles away.
- Very friendly and helpful staff ,eveything from check in to check out went smoothly .Rooms clean and had everything we needed ,extra credit for being dog friendly. Also thoroughly enjoyed breakfast, An ideal two night stop before our move to Spain. Thankyou.
- The staff were always effective and efficient with knowledge of the prevailing rules and regulations.
- Really helpful and friendly staff. Comfy lounge area
- Very friendly staff. Clean rooms and quiet surroundings. Easy to find and everything needed from a hotel!
- So accommodating. Our ferry had been cancelled and we took an earlier crossing but they still let us use the room during the day, and, checked us in early. Fantastic service. Particularly Agatha, thanks!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Lee-on-the-Solent