The Savoy Country Inn
One of our top picks in St Clears. In a quiet, peaceful location, on the A477, near Saint Clears, this traditional country inn offers good food and drink, free Wi-Fi and parking and comfortable rooms.On the main route to Pembroke Dock and the ferry port, the Savoy County Inn is great for a stopover when exploring the breathtaking scenery of West Wales and its beaches, including Pendine, Amroth and Saundersfoot.The inn offers easy access by road to Tenby, Fishguard and Milford Haven. Local attractions include Oakwood Theme Park, Folly Farm and Heatherton Theme Park, which offers quad biking, archery and loads of activities for all the family.Rich in original character, the inn has low ceilings, a beer garden, an indoor amusement arcade and a separate games room.Proud of its reputation for good, locally sourced food, the inn offers freshly prepared dishes, cooked to order.
- Location was good. Road noise in some rooms a bit loud.Staff were very helpful
- From the moment we arrived we knew we were going to be well looked after, fantastic food, great staff, Angela, John, Dan and Meg really looked after us front of house every night we were there. Just amazing, we were sorry to leave at the end of our stay, we had a simply wonderful time.The rooms were clean and tidy and well looked after. We will be coming back!
- friendly landlord and landlady.very humble and down to earth people.All of the saffs were helpful.
- the room was basic ,the bed was lovely and comfortable better than my own bed ,the staff jenny ,Angela, Grace and Holly were all really friendly and helpfull ,it was like going from home to home they all made our stay very enjoyable.
- Breakfast was great location was ok however the host and staff made it a great stopover
Three Rivers Hotel
One of our top picks in Ferryside. Located on the southern boundary of the Carmarthenshire seaside village of Ferryside, which nestles on the Three Rivers estuary of Carmarthen Bay, the hotel features a friendly environment and magnificent views.Overlooking Llanstephan and its ancient castle to the west, and Carmarthen Bay towards Caldy Island and Tenby to the south west, this noncommercial, peaceful and quiet town is the ideal location for a relaxing weekend break in West Wales. Due to its proximity to Carmarthen, Llanelli and other centers, Ferryside is also an ideal corporate meeting place.Incorporated within the hotel is Carmarthenshire’s premier private health facility, including a heated swimming pool, hot tub and fully-equipped gym.
- Sea view and castle view close beach with lots of shellsFriendly staff Clean hotel Big room with balconyNice to go back
- The lodge is very nice, the people are very friendly, the location is amazing and if you go, you MUST get the Steak and Ale Pie. Actually, you should go even if you just are there for the steak and ale pie!
- We were booked in for bed and breakfast, we also had an evening meal on the Friday evening. Food was exceptional. The staff were helpful and pleasant even these strange times at the moment. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Bit of a sea view.
- Excellent hotel, all self contained in a nice part of the world. Great food too!
- Very welcoming hotel, staff friendly and helpful. Recommend our balcony room fantastic views over the estuary, especially at sunset. Dog made welcome too. System working well within the pandemic restrictions, felt safe at all times,
Located with 20 acres of land, Picton-House is a period property in Camarthenshire. Free WiFi is accessible throughout, and free parking is possible at the property.Picton-House is an inn with a classic design. Beautifully varnished wood furniture sits alongside the neutral tones of the bed linen, all brightly lit by the rooms’ large windows. Rooms are en suite, some with a bath and others with a shower. Each room comes complete with a flat-screen TV.A full Welsh breakfast is included in the room rate. The area is surrounded by fantastic woodlands walks and is close to Laugharne, the former home of the famous poet Dylan Thomas.The beach is less than 6 miles from Picton-House. The property offers stabling for guests who wish to bring a horse.
- Very warm welcome and very helpful. Relaxed atmosphere. Holly was really helpful.
- Lovely building, spacious rooms and the host Holly was delightful and served up a delicious breakfast. Great location 10min drive to Laugharne highly recommended.
- Very helpful. Easy going owners.I can see they have put a lot of work into the property and have plans to have a bit of a bar and restaurant as theres not much to do in the area. They gave me some good recommendations for places to visit. Bed and the room was very comfy and breakfast was superb.
- Lovely comfortable bed, great breakfast, friendly owners. Good location. Great for relaxation or exploring the surroundings
- Breakfasts were very good, freshly cooked Perfect poached eggs Lovely fruit salad Warm croissant Good friendly service from Holly and Gareth. Helpful advice on local attractions. Lovely powerful shower and instant hot water all the time.Comfortable bedroom 4
Boars Head Hotel
One of our top picks in Carmarthen. The family-run Boar’s Head Hotel is an historic Coaching Inn, which dates back to the early 17th Century. It is located in the town of Carmarthen, less than half a mile from the train station and offers limited free private parking.Rooms at the Boars Head are nonsmoking and feature an private bathroom, a 10-channel TV and complimentary tea/coffee making facilities. There are also limited ground-floor rooms available, which are equipped with disabled facilities.The Hotel’s oak paneled Olde Worlde Restaurant, open every day, and offers an extensive menu. It features foods such as steak, fish and vegetarian options, as well as a children’s menu. There is a lounge area and a bar offering, real ales, lagers, ciders and a variety of wines and spirits.Set in heart of the picturesque county of Carmarthenshire and less than a 5-minute drive from the A40. The M4 Motorway is less than 16 miles away and offers links to Swansea, Cardiff and the South West of England. The Towy Estuary is less than 7 miles away.
- everything went well, all staff was very kind and very helpfull when asked a question
- Room and bathroom was clean, bed comfortable and slept well. Just under a 10 minute walk from Carmarthen train station and shops nearby
- Location is great, breakfast was superb, staff was friendly. Bathroom was recently updated and all worked well. Would stay again without hesitation.
- Arrived wet so shower and lovely bed much appreciated!
- Location was perfect for us. Breakfast was cooked individually when ordered so was nice and hot. Staff extremely helpful.
One of our best sellers in Carmarthen! Originally built in 1840, this charming family-run hotel offers free Wi-Fi and free secure private parking, right in the very heart of the market town of Carmarthen.With a great central location, the Spilman Hotel offers traditional, friendly hospitality.All of the rooms are en suite and boast a digital TV and tea/coffee making facilities.The hotel has its own free private car park for residents.
- Staff and quality of facilities and exceptional location in Carmarthen. The location near the castle and the river was great. It is also really close the town center but not too close.
- Staff were lovely on arrival and during breakfast .Breakfast was delicious
- Great value for money, central property and very friendly staff who recommended great places to eat. The room clean and comfortable with everything needed for an overnight stay.
- The room was very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, will stay here again.
- Hotel was excellent, our room had been refurbished recently to a very high standard, en suite was lovely with plenty of room and was very clean. Breakfast was excellent with very good choices on the menu, staff were all very helpful and friendly.
Ivy Bush Royal Hotel by Compass Hospitality
One of our top picks in Carmarthen. The Ivy Bush Royal commands a spectacular position at the gateway to West Wales and welcomes business travelers and tourists to this beautiful part of the country in considerable style and comfort.The hotel has been fully refurbished and modernized to blend its old world charm with modern facilities. There are 70 comfortably furnished bedrooms including 3 family rooms, 4 executive rooms and a two-room suite.
- This hotel was excellent value for money. Quiet, clean and with good customer service,
- Staff very pleasant, nothing to much trouble.food excellent.
- Ease of booking, value, location, parking, welcome and easy of checking in, room and furnishing. Breakfast was very good, with a menu to suit EVERYBODY. Staff were very pleasant.
- The bed and the bar were excellent and the staff were very helpful
- Comfortable room. Attractive furnishings and decor.
In the heart of Carmarthen, this family-run hotel offers home-cooked Welsh food and elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi. Falcon Hotel is a 20-minute drive from the edge of the beautiful Brecon Beacons.The traditionally decorated bedrooms at Falcon each have a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee facilities. Rooms also feature a cozy seating area, and a private bathroom with free toiletries and a hairdryer.The restaurant specializes in fresh local produce, including River Towy trout caught by the famous coracle fishermen. Hearty cooked breakfasts are served daily, with lighter options also available.Falcon Hotel is just a 10-minute walk from Carmarthen Rail Station, providing easy access to Swansea center. On-site parking is available, and the scenic coast at Tenby is a 40-minute drive away.
- Clean tidy good size room good foodLovely breakfast
- Great location, fab staff really friendly couldnt don enough.Fantastic breakfast and evening meal.
- The food was very good, served by very friendly staff. The rooms were fine but the bathroom had very little counter space to accommodate the traveler.It was a pleasant surprise to find data ports so we could recharge our devices.
- Owner and staff were incredibly friendly and helpful
- Very welcoming, comfortable room, great food, lovely staff
Heywood Spa Hotel
This family-run hotel with spa leisure suite stands in one acre of mature grounds, only half a mile from Tenby’s golden beaches.Heywood Spa Hotelis a spacious, comfortable and elegant hotel. It offers free Wi-Fi and plenty of safe parking in the grounds and landscaped gardens. Breakfast is served each morning on site.The leisure suite has an indoor heated pool, a sauna, and a hot tub. Heywood Spa Hotel also has a fully licensed bar and an award-winning restaurant.
- The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and made our stay all the more enjoyable. Room was lovely and comfortable. Also had a lovely massage the following morning.
- Breakfast great, spa and pool lovely, parking perfect, lovely people.
- Breakfast was great. Loved kippers and great service.
- Breakfast was delicious and loved that full breakfast was cooked to order. Selection of cereals and fruit was excellent and staff were so pleasant, helpful and friendly.
- Everything 5Hotel, restaurant! The staff is wonderful!
St Brides Spa Hotel
The award-winning St Brides Spa Hotel is perched above Saundersfoot Harbor in Pembrokeshire National Park. The privately owned hotel has an outdoor infinity pool, luxurious spa and views over Saundersfoot harbor, beach and coastline.Bedrooms are individually styled in a light, airy seaside theme. Each has a big bed, powerful shower and lavish bathroom with bathrobe.The Cliff Restaurant is at the heart of the St Brides. Versatile menus and intense flavors are created with fine Pembrokeshire produce. Fresh, locally landed fish is on the menu every day.The Gallery at St Brides Spa Hotel shows paintings from leading modern artists.The hotel’s Marine Spa includes a steamroom, salt room, rock sauna, adventure shower, ice fountain and a hydro pool which has sea views.
- Everything about this hotel is excellent. The staff are really friendly and made the whole stay very enjoyable. I highly recommend this hotel and spa.
- I liked that the staff. All the staff said hello wherever you were in the hotel
- Looking forward to come back.. we missed a pool was closed
- Dinner excellent. Breakfast nicely presented. Just a little cold.
- Fantastic location, super view, food and service excellent. Special occasion visit and made to feel special.
The Park Hotel
With wonderful views out over Tenby Bay, The Park Hotel offers beautiful cliff top terraces and gardens, an outdoor swimming pool, free Wi-Fi and free private parking.The hotel is peacefully located above Tenby’s Blue Flag North Beach, with the Pembrokeshire coastal path running adjacent to the grounds. The lively center of town is just a 10 minute walk away.Classically decorated, the rooms at the Park Hotel each have a private bathroom, flat-screen TV and tea/coffee facilities. Many rooms also have panoramic coastal or countryside views.Guests can enjoy candlelit dining and hearty breakfasts in the hotel restaurant, where the traditional homemade food is served. Freshly brewed coffee can be provided in the relaxing hotel lounge.
- Location was great and fantastic views of Tenby ,staff were very helpful and everywhere was kept tidy and clean
- Lovely hotel, short walk to beach and shops. Was still in lock down due to Covid but service was very good.
- The hotel done everything they could regarding the Covid 19 pendemic.
- Breakfast had a great variety. Even allergy options. Comfy bed. Large size and cozy. Bar has the ability to add to room bill and it open till 23.30. After you can take drinks to the Lounge or your room. Placement is amazing close enough to enjoy the town, far enough away to get away the bustle.Kind, frienldy and knowledgeable staff. Surrounding is perfect for hiking and beach walks.Romantic and professional atmosphere. The room itself was clean, nicely sized and accomodating. Towel rack is a heater. This was great when the storm hit, after a bath, we had toasty, warm towels.
- Breakfast and evening meals were very good. Location and parking were great, Staff were brilliant.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Laugharne