All Saints Hotel
One of our best sellers in Bury Saint Edmunds! On the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds, All Saints Hotel has 2 rosettes and features a spa and golf course. With scenic woodland views, there is also free parking.The spacious rooms have private bathrooms, tea/coffee making facilities and a work desk. Some rooms have golf course views, and all have a TV. WiFi is accessible in each room.The 18-hole golf course features a beautiful lake and mature woodland, and is suitable for all levels. The modern spa has a swimming pool, gym, sauna and hot tub, and a range of beauty treatments are also available.Bury St Edmunds town center is just 10 minutes’ drive from All Saints Hotel, and Bury St Edmunds Railway Station can be reached in just 5 minutes. The Theater Royal is 3 miles away, and Thetford Forest is within 30 minutes’ drive.
- Unfortunately due to COVID breakfast poor . And no evening meal , stay would be better once restaurant reopens , rooms all new and clean.
- The location was great, very quiet. Because of covid19 the rooms were very clean the staff couldnt do enough to help to keep you safe.
- Fantastic relaxinh hotel with great spa and gym. Friendly helpful staff i will be back.
- Everything it is a beautiful hotel very relaxing! And the girls in the spa where amazing
- Very clean and quiet and staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is only 15 mins drive to town and train station. I will definitely stay there again for my next summer vacation.
Best Western Priory Hotel
The Best Western Priory Hotel is an ideal getaway from the frenetic pace of modern life, offering value for money without compromising on quality.The award-winning Garden Restaurant has a long-standing reputation for formal, yet relaxed, dining. The hotel also offers a wide range of room service and bar meals. There are limitations on dining facilities from the last week in November through to the end of December, although the hotel will endeavor to meet your requests.Keep in touch with friends and colleagues during your stay by making use of the wireless high-speed broadband in all public areas and rooms.Parking is free and the hotel offers spaces for over 50 cars. The Best Western Priory Hotel is within a 5-minute drive of the A14 and less than 15 minutes from the center of Bury St Edmunds on foot.
- Ideal location for babysitting granddaughter…stayed one night. Nice dinner and very pleasant staff. Room was nice and clean. Good parking and good value.
- Pleasant location. Clean and comfortable room. Bed very comfortable. Good breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff. The receptionist was able to lend us a mobile phone charger plug. Perfectly quiet at night for a good nights sleep.
- The garden views were beautiful and a really nice breakfast
- Warm welcome, friendly team, great location, very good standards all round. Very comfortable room and bed ! Thanks
- Very nice staff, super comfy bed and really spacious room.
Tuddenham Mill Luxury Hotel
This converted and refurbished watermill offers chic, elegant and stylish accommodations in an beautiful 12-acre countryside setting near Newmarket and Cambridge.With its exposed beams and 17th-century water wheel, Tuddenham Mill offers a unique environment with an air of sophisticated comfort and luxury.The modern rooms have Italian-style furniture, over-sized beds with feather duvets and Egyptian cotton sheets. They also include Bose sound systems and flat-screen TVs, while bathrooms have walk-in showers, large baths and ESPA toiletries.In the restaurant, award-winning contemporary menus offer fresh food and local produce. Enjoy your breakfast or a light snack on your own terrace by the mill pond.
- This was such a delight, not only by Covid standards but a delight by any standards.The menu was a great mix of fresh and high quality ingredients. Additionally, the staff and service level ensure total comfort and flexibility to ensure total relaxation and a feeling of bliss.Weve stayed at a mix of hotels during covid but Tuddenham Mill absolutely is a cut above the rest. Incredible breakfast, great drinks, lovely lobster and very enjoyable rooms. Thank you to the team.
- Everything , the secret garden, the great music, food, staff and our room. Lobster was fabulous .It is expensive but for a special occasion I think definitely worth it . We definitely will return .
- The staff was so friendly and helpful. I loved my week long stay at Tuddenham Mill. The location was close to many things restaurants, gas station, Etc I also enjoyed dinners regularly in their restaurant. Since I was traveling alone the staff was even helping me with advice on how to find housing in the area.
- We had a loft room which was beautiful. Overlooked a large field, not the Mill side unfortunately. We arrived a little early around 12 and our room wasnt ready which we understand as check in was at 3. We managed to check in around 220 so a little earlier than expected. Room was nice, clean, modern with gadgets, gas fire and Netflix on TV.We enjoyed lunch and dinner in the restaurant on our first night. It was our anniversary and Adrienne made it a very special night. Shed mentioned to the manager whod organised some English Sparkling wine and at the end of the night we had Happy Anniversary Brownies. Food in the restaurant was superb. A small menu, so if youre staying for more than 2 nights you may find it limited. Breakie was superb also. Everything was very fresh, season and local.I always think the ultimate question is would we go back and the answer is yes.
- Military people with nonavailability slips….this is where you want to stay. I was TDY to Lakenheath for 4 days. Its 15 min door to door from this Inn. The accommodations were amazing! The breakfast is perfect 07301030 though so check your potential duty hours and I had the best stay. Soft pillows, towels, and general pampering by the staff. Lovely and comfortable bar area with local gin too. Great trip!
The Bushel by Greene King Inns
Located in Bury Saint Edmunds, The Bushel by Greene King Inns is 4.5 miles from Ickworth House. Guests can dine in the restaurant or a drink at the bar and free WiFi is available.At the hotel, all rooms have a desk.Guests at The Bushel by Greene King Inns can enjoy a à la carte breakfast.Popular points of interest near the accommodation include The Apex, Bury St Edmunds and St Edmundsbury Cathedral. The nearest airport is Cambridge Airport, 26 miles from The Bushel by Greene King Inns.
- The employees were kind and helpful. The location is perfect and the food is wonderful
- For us the location was perfect. The staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating.
- The team are always keen to ensure everyone who stays have a greayt experience
- Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, would definitely recommend just for that. Room was comfortable, basic but all you would need for an overnight stay. The shower is amazing!
- Excellent had a lovely weekend with friends . Location, staff, cleanliness, food and the bushel were all fabulous
The Bull Inn
Rich in original character and historic charm, this 500-year-old boutique-style coaching inn offering a cozy pub with real ales, wines and an open log fire is located on the edge of the Thetford Forest. It also features an AA Rosette award-winning restaurant and a courtyard.Just 2 miles from the heart of Mildenhall, The Bull Inn, Barton Mills, has a convenient location, located between Newmarket (6 miles), Bury St Edmunds (10 miles), Ely (12 miles), and Cambridge (22 miles).The Bull Inn hosts events throughout the year, from live music nights, murder mystery dinners, charity evenings, themed Christmas parties and lunches with Santa.
- Owner went out of he way to make sure I was able to find THE BULL INN as I was running 4 hours late 1.30 emailed directions passed on her mobile in case there was any problems
- Bed was super comfortable and likes opening the windows for fresh air
- Excellent service. Very clean and Covid conscious. Restaurant food was good and breakfasts were excellent.
- Everything… the staff are amazing, they are so friendly and helpful. The food was the best I have had, great atmosphere and great location.
- Rooms were great, fabulous flamingo room, extremely comfortable bed. Great rainfall shower head, huge bath! Excellent food, had to steak sharing platter, worth every penny! Great service and very COVID19 friendly and clear processes.
Built in 1452, the award-winning Angel Hotel is on one of the prettiest squares in the country, opposite the Abbey Gardens.Angel Hotel offers traditional Georgian elegance and charm, mixed with modern design.In the lounge, choose from Italian cappuccinos or fine English teas. With its log fire, it is a popular meeting place for local people.The newly refurbished Eaterie, Bar and Lounge are open all day for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner or just drinks.The hotel has been visited by kings, queens, actors and writers. One such guest was Charles Dickens, who mentioned the Angel Hotel in The Pickwick Papers.
- Excellent location, staff very good would definitely stay again
- The Angel Hotel is amazing! Outstanding location in the town centre. Easy access to dining, shopping and the Abbey Gardens. Unique and picturesque property with many charming details. Clean and comfortable with a warm and friendly staff.
- Very friendly staff and the room for the price was excellent, I stayed in a standard room and it was lovely
- From the time we arrived until our departure we could not fault the hotel. Attending a family funeral took us to Bury St Edmunds and we were delighted with our choice of hotel, the ambiance, location , the restaurant food and the staff who just couldnt not be faulted. We will be back !!
- Loved the location, bed was comfy but the bathroom was unbelievable huge walk in shower and awesome copper tub. Had dinner at the hotel and it was delicious.
One of our top picks in Bury Saint Edmunds. Located just a 6-minute walk to the Abbey Gardens, in Bury St Edmunds, The Northgate welcomes guests with a restaurant and bar.All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.London Stansted Airport is 31 mi from the property.
- Friendly bar staff knowledgeable of area. Dinner menu was unusual and brilliantly executed.
- Hostess at front desk was exceptional at fullfilling our requests. Such as, we were leaving early next morning and she had pastries wrapped up and sitting outside our door for us to enjoy when we left.
- The Northgate was everything we hoped and more. The amenities were on point and a short walk to the cathedral, brewery, market, restaurants and outdoor mall. I would book my trip here again in a heartbeat. Thanks for a great time!
- The staff were wonderful. Friendly but not too in your face. They made sure we had everything we needed then left us to enjoy the hotel. The drinks were incredible and breakfast was delicious. We only wish wed eaten in the hotel restaurant instead of eating out!
- Expectations exceeded. Much better than the usual hotel we stay in which is meant to be better but definitely isnt due to atmosphere and the fantastic service from all staff at Northgate. Bed was so comfy. Nice and quiet.. had a great nights sleep. Will definitely be back
Located in Bury Saint Edmunds, an 18-minute walk from Bury St Edmunds, Chantry Hotel has accommodations with a bar, free private parking and a shared lounge. Around 1.2 miles from The Apex, the property is also 3.5 miles away from Ickworth House and offers free WiFi.At the hotel, rooms include a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. The rooms will provide guests with a closet and an electric tea pot.Guests at Chantry Hotel can enjoy a Full English/Irish breakfast.The accommodation also provides a business center and guests can use the fax machine and photocopier at Chantry Hotel.St Edmundsbury Cathedral is an 8-minute walk from the hotel. The nearest airport is Cambridge Airport, 28 miles from Chantry Hotel.
- Location was excellent the view from our room lovely. The proprieter was friendly and welcoming. The room was quiet, the bathroom a great size and clean very clean! Our breakfast was very nice indeed.
- Lovely room and ensuite clean and comfortable with bottled water, kettle/hot drink options and biscuits. Great breakfast self service cold buffet plus menu options for freshly cooked items. Fruit juice, coffee and speciality tea offered. Local taxi was booked for me while I ate my cooked breakfast!
- Location was excellent. Good breakfast. Very comfortable bed.
- The location is quite central to the cathedral, the abbey garden and the business section of Bury. The room was super clean and comfortable and the bathroom was stocked with good quality toiletries. My room was on the top floor so stairs had to be negotiated and I was given cheerful help to take my small suitcase up on arrival and down when I left. I could manage the stairs but did not feel that I could do it with a suitcase. I had a lovely view of St. Marys church from my window.Breakfast was very nice with several hot choices in addition to the buffet. I had the kippers which was a treat.
- Delightful hotel with intelligent use made of every space. My room was small but not cramped. I was able to work at the desk in relative comfort, with a kettle and far more tea, coffee and water than I could drink. The shower was so intelligently designed that I am surprised I have never come across it before. Very good breakfeast. WiFi also much better than in many hotels.
The Fox by Greene King Inns
The Fox is a 15th-century inn, around 5 minutes’ walk from the center of Bury St Edmunds. It offers a high standard of bed and breakfast accommodations alongside its popular restaurant and bar with pretty terrace beer garden.All rooms at The Fox are equipped with underfloor heating, and incorporate locally made granite-topped furniture. Each has a flat-screen TV, safe, iron, hairdryer and free Wi-Fi, as well as tea and coffee facilities, with the superior Hayloft Suite featuring a luxurious four-poster bed and 2-person bath.Guests can enjoy a freshly cooked full English breakfast served in the inn. The restaurant serves an inviting menu of burgers, steaks, salads and substantial main courses, and lies opposite the Abbey Gardens behind St Edmundsbury Cathedral.Bury St Edmunds offers rich Suffolk heritage with a Regency theater, the medieval Guildhall and the Norman Tower among its varied attractions. A lively street market, a 12th-century museum and a boutique cinema all add to its considerable charm.
- Full English breakfast right in the pub, and dinner that night … both great!
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, with distinctive decor, very nice bathroom.
- room was comfortable, and very clean , bed was fabulous, staff were very nice and helpful.
- A convenient location close to the Abbey with ample parking. The room provided everything I needed for my stay desk, comfortable bed, armoire, and bathroom with heated floor was nice. Staff made the biggest difference though and went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
- We had dinner which was nice and also good to receive a 20 discount as had booked direct.Breakfast was great on morning of departure varied menu!
The Ickworth Hotel And Apartments- A Luxury Family Hotel
This luxury retreat features many on-site activities within its 1800 acres of National Trust parkland.The Ickworth Hotel is a few miles from Bury St Edmunds and the A14, which leads to Newmarket and Cambridge. On-site activities include cycling, swimming, walks, and tennis.The East Wing of the grand building forms the luxury hotel, and there are apartments and bedrooms located in the Lodge, a 10-minute walk away, or a 3-minute drive from the main hotel. The lodge is just a short bike ride away and bicycles can be hired onsite.You can dine in the relaxed conservatory or opt for a more formal adults-only dinner in Fredericks Restaurant.
- The grounds and bike ride available were very enjoyable, and there were plenty of children and family facilities, including a great heated pool. Food was lovely too.
- We were given a room upgrade which meant the kids came too. Weve been before so it was nice to take them along.
- Room and grounds were beautiful. Cleanliness was good.
- The views out onto little garden and estate. The age of the property made it an interesting place to stay
- All options were good ..loved the porridge and portions were fair ..
Looking for: Best Hotels in Lackford