The Southfield Hotel
One of our top picks in Girvan. With free Wi-Fi throughout and free parking on site, The Southfield Hotel is located in the seaside town of Girvan, a 30-minute drive from Galloway Forest Park. The sandy beach is a 10-minute walk away.Rooms at The Southfield Hotel are spacious and traditionally furnished, and each benefits from a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, and an private bathroom.Guests will find numerous shops to explore in the old fishing town, and there are plenty of golf courses nearby. Daily boat trips to Ailsa Craig are available, and Glasgow is 56 miles from the building.
- The staff were exceptional. The property has character and comfort and the food was delicious.
- Room was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was excellent
- Breakfast was fantastic with a complete options for the cooked breakfast. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Hotel the room itself were very clean inviting.
- Clean comfortable room with lovely view of the Orchard Garden across the street. The breakfast was plentiful delicious. Staff were friendly helpful! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
- Sandra was very welcoming and extremely helpful. Cooked us dinner and served a lovely breakfast. Would definitely stay again if we were in the area.
One of our top picks in Girvan. Just a 5-minute walk from Girvan Train Station, Royal Hotel offers stylish rooms with attached bathroom, many with views over the Firth of Clyde. Around 30 miles north of Stranraer, this Ayrshire guest house offers free Wi-Fi, parking and full Scottish breakfasts.Most rooms have private bathroom facilities with shower, hairdryer and complementary toiletries. All have a flat-screen TV with a Sky sports and entertainment package and tea and coffee facilities.A full cooked breakfast is served each morning from 07:15 – 10:30, freshly made to order and accompanied by juice, tea or coffee. The Royal Hotel also has its own bar, serving a variety of meals.Troon is around 30 miles up the coast, home of the Old Troon Golf Course and the destination for ferry services from Larne in Ireland. Prestwick Airport is 25 miles away, and receives flights from a large number of European cities. Turnberry Golf Course is 5 miles away and the Cairnryan Ferry Port is 20 miles from the Royal Hotel.
- At top of building but well worth it! Gorgeous views out of both front and rear windows front looked directly onto ailsa craig and got beautiful sunset.The room was SO COMFORTABLE! Very relaxing, warm and snug with comfy beds. Two sons and I had great nights sleep.
- The staff, the location, the cheap beer from Glasgow, so anything under a fiver is considered cheap, as well as how easy it was to park. Great wee hotel.Oh and the price.
- Room was spacious and warm, bedding soft and cozy!
- Did not stay for breakfast due to feeling illcutomer service excelent
- Breakfast was great, staff friendly and helpful, great shower and good meal at night
Woodland Bay Hotel
Woodland Bay Hotel is located on Girvan’s picturesque coastline, 2 miles south of the town, offering fantastic sea views.
The bright, attractive rooms at Woodland Bay Hotel have smart design. Each room has free WiFi, a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee-making facilities. Rooms also include a self-catering kitchen with a fridge, microwave/convection oven, crockery and utensils.Guests can enjoy a Continental breakfast in the room.The surrounding Ayrshire countryside is ideal for scenic coastal walks, bird watching and fishing. There is easy access to the Ayrshire Coastal Path walking route and the hotel offers a luggage collection service for guests embarking on the route.Turnberry Golf Club and its Championship course are just 15 minutes’ drive away. Ayr is 22 miles away and Glasgow can be reached in just over an hour by car.
- Lovely hotel with excellent facilities in the room during this Covid crisis. Good size room with sitting area and kitchen with excellent breakfast available in the room. Microwave, full size fridge and cutlery and crockery. Tea and coffee facilities. Ideal for staying apart at this time and option to have dinner in the room too. Lovely view over to Ailsa Craig and Girvan.
- The peace and quiet surroundings and all the staff were friendly and attentive. Beach across the road to walk the dog.
- Great friendly professional staff. Excellent breakfast in a relaxing setting . Rooms spacious , quite and comfortable bed. I had a wonderful nights sleep.Would recommend this hotel
- Great location and lovely views.. comfortable beds, good room with a feel of a little cottage. The food I had for dinner, sea bass with steamed noodles was amazing! Staff so friendly and helpful, all in all, a really lovely stay. Ill come back with my partner to let him see how nice it is.
- The hotel is awesome! All the staff are great!The room is big ! The biggest one I got all over Europe ! The sea view is great!We love it! Breakfast was the best!
Fairfield House Hotel
A warm welcome awaits you at this privately owned 4-star hotel, a fully restored and refurbished Victorian mansion house situated on Ayr’s seafront, recapturing the essence of country house hospitality.Great care has been taken to preserve the unique character of this charming house, while every modern facility has been discretely installed for the comfort of today’s discerning traveler, with easy access to the nearby Glasgow Prestwick Airport.The hotel offers a fully equipped health club with swimming pool, sauna and steam room, gym and in-house beauty therapist.All the rooms with private bathrooms are beautifully furnished and decorated to a standard one would expect from a 4-star hotel. The creation of additional bedrooms results in a great balance between old and new.The new Martins Bar and Grill restaurant was voted Best Informal Dining Restaurant in Scotland at the Scottish Hotel of the Year Awards in 2006.
- The facilities were very good. The rooms were clean and a good size.
- This hotel exceeded our expectations. It was a total surprise. Very charming! I will definitely stay here again in a heart beat! The hotel staff went above and beyond!
- Close to the beach. Restaurant on premise was very good. Very accessible.
- Comfy bed, clean and bright bathroom with lovely ample toiletries, excellent spa, a good sized room.
- Great location. Staff very helpful and attended to our needs.
OYO Glenpark Hotel
Located in Ayr, a 5-minute walk from Ayr Beach, OYO Glenpark Hotel provides accommodations with a restaurant, private parking, a bar and a garden. This 3-star hotel offers free WiFi.Selected rooms are equipped with a kitchen with a microwave.Ayr Racecourse is 1.4 miles from the hotel, while Robert Burns Birthplace Museum is 2.7 miles away. The nearest airport is Glasgow Prestwick Airport, 5 miles from OYO Glenpark Hotel.
- The locality of the hotel and handy for all amenities
- Excellent place. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Cosy and comfortable room. Delicious and very reasonably priced food available.
- Good location, between the railway station and the beach.Good food and beer selection in the restaurant. Very friendly and helpful staff.
- Food was great staff couldnt do enough for us we were even invited for to have a meal with the owner.s family as it was the chefs day off on Monday very kind and friendly hotel a big thank you to Ann family and staff
- Exceptional value for money. Spacious room. Excellent bar on site and restaurant with many options. Friendly staff. Some onsite parking available.
Mercure Ayr Hotel
One of our top picks in Ayr. Close to Ayr seafront and a few feet from the town center, Mercure Ayr is a comfy hotel with swimming pool, bath spa, and gym. Free WiFi is available throughout.Other health facilities include a spa pool, sauna and steam room. The Brasserie Bar and Restaurant serves drinks, snacks and meals.Mercure Ayr is 1 miles from Ayr Train Station and Ayr Racecourse, and there are 22 golf courses within a 20 miles radius.Rooms have a flat-screen TV, music center and 24-hour room service. Some have a view of the Isle of Arran.
- Comfortable beds. Breakfast was good and included with hotel rate.
- Staff were very friendly and accommodating, allowing me to leave my bag before returning to Glasgow later that day.
- Nice decor very clean good value very Central location. Would stay again.Pool can get busy but nice if small
- The bedroom was large and comfortable and overlooked the ocean The staff were super polite and extremely helpful.
- Didnt get to use the facilities so couldnt comment. Staff were friendly. Nice rooms.
The Arrandale Hotel
One of our top picks in Ayr. In the oldest part of town, just 2 minutes’ walk from Ayr’s sandy beach and the center of town, this charming, family-run hotel offers lovely rooms, tasty Scottish breakfasts and free Wi-Fi and parking.Next to Ayr’s historic St John’s Tower, the Arrandale Hotel is just a short stroll from the seafront esplanade, with its wonderful views of Ailsa and Arran. The bus station is just a 2-minute walk away and Ayr Train Station is less than 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel.Quiet and peaceful, each of the comfortable rooms with private bathrooms is individually decorated and is named after one of the islands on Scotland’s West Coast.Breakfasts are freshly cooked to order and include locally produced bacon, sausages and free-range eggs.There is a huge range of malt whiskeys available in the cozy residents lounge bar.The Arrandale is family owned and run and your hosts, Iain and Linda, can help arrange golf breaks and provide local information.
- It was a great location for us to access the town and beach, friendly staff and guests.
- It was very clean and quiet. Beds were very comfortable and the location is hard to beat. Linda was a knowledgeable and a friendly host. Would stay here again.
- Very nice host, good and quiet location near old town and beach line. Nice room, bathroom seemed quite newly renovated. Bed was comfy, too.
- The hotel was very nice, a great common area with a bar. Safe parking for the motorcycle.
- The room was comfortable and charming, the breakfast room was delightful and the food delicious. We enjoyed having the comfortable sitting room to relax in with friends. The staff was very accommodating and made us feel cared for.
One of our top picks in Ayr. Boasting panoramic views over the Clyde to the Isle of Arran, and only 5-minutes’ walk from Ayr town center, the hotel presents itself as the ideal base from which to explore the beauty of Ayrshire.The hotel is a highly recommended choice for golf breaks, with over 30 superb courses in the Ayrshire area. Why not take advantage of the hotel’s complimentary tee-off booking service, available to all guests? If you want a break from the golf course, the hotel’s location is also close to many attractions, including Ayr’s long sandy beach and a large play park.Horizon Hotel is only a short drive away from Glasgow Prestwick International Airport.
- Our room was lovely. Myself and partner had dinner and the food was lovely. I would recommend it to everyone the staff where all very polite and helpful couldnt have asked for better. X
- Excellent hotel everything was beyond my expectations
- Everything very clean staff couldnt do enough for you
- We thought the room was clean and the staff were friendly. I especially liked the local dairy ice cream that was served in the restaurant. Although the hotel had a nice view of the water, there werent a lot of shops, other restaurants, etc. within walking distance.
- Everything the hotel was lovely the breakfast choices excellent the staff I couldnt fault they went above and beyond I will definitely be going back again soon.
Western House Hotel
An award-winning hotel located in Ayrshire, 5 minutes’ drive from Prestwick International Airport and with easy links by rail and road to Glasgow and Edinburgh city center. Western House Hotel is set in mature landscaped gardens and offers 10 executive bedrooms and suites in the main house, and 39 well appointed modern courtyard rooms.The AA rosette Jockey Club Restaurant offers a fine dining experience using high-quality local produce.Western House is positioned well for exploring the surrounding areas. There are many shops and golf courses nearby.Burns Country and Culzean Castle are both less than 13 miles away and the Isle of Arran can be reached by boat from Ardrossan Ferry Terminal, 23 miles away.
- Stayed here overnight as we were flying out early morning from Prestwick Airport. Staff were very friendly on arrival. Rooms were lovely and comfortable. Cant comment on food at the hotel as we didnt dine here.
- Wow, we loved our stay at Western House! It a beautiful property beside the horse track. The staff were so friendly, they made us feel like old friends. We would absolutely recommend the Western House! Our room was also huge and well appointed.
- The room was very spacious the bed very large comfortable. Complimentary water, hot chocolate shortbread were a nice touch.
- Liked the fact we got an upgrade to main hotel with beautiful views over the racecourse and gardens .
- All aspects of our visit were wonderful. The staff, the room, the facilities the evening meal we had all was excellent. The amenities in the room itself were wonderful including soft bathrobes and slippers. Just a lovely place.
Close to Ayr and Prestwick, The Carlton Hotel has stylish rooms with free Wi-Fi, and a bar and restaurant. Glasgow Prestwick International Airport is a 5-minute car ride away.The vibrant Logans Bar Restaurant serves meals until 9:30 pm and has plasma TVs and an outdoor terrace. The Barony Suite is a popular carvery restaurant Monday – Friday and Sunday.The Barony Lounge which is the perfect place to enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea or to try out the fantastic cocktails that The Carlton Hotel has offered.Carlton Hotel has free parking, and conference facilities are available for an extra fee.There are golf courses nearby and ferry services to Northern Ireland from Stranraer.
- Room, Breakfast, Dinner, Staff were friendly and helpful
- Friendly staff, great hotel well worth the money. Food was good too.
- Everything was fantastic and i would definitely come back and stay at this hotel and the drinks were great and the service as excellent, everything was very clean and the room was beautiful and breakfast was lovely even though i was hungover but my mum who i was staying with loved it as well very happy with my stay and i cannot wait to come back in the near future.
- Clean, comfortable bed was massive, one half was in Prestwick and the other side was in Ayr, big smart TV , strong hot shower and bath
- Lovely hotel well situated for the seafront and access into Ayr and Prestwick Airport. Welcome friendly with clear Covid procedures in place, sanitiser, information, etc. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant two meats roast absolutely delicious. Room small but perfectly adequate for what we needed and spotlessly clean. Courtesy tray well stocked and extra milk etc available on request. Staff professional, friendly and helpful at all times.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Kirkoswald