Fox And Hounds
Situated in the quiet village of Llancarfan, in the heart of the Vale of Glamorgan countryside, The Fox and Hounds hotel offers quality, homemade food, fine ales and free Wi-Fi.The restaurant serves fresh food daily. All the ingredients are locally sourced, including herbs and vegetables from the property’s garden. Guests can also enjoy a full English breakfast in the morning.The bedrooms all have their own bathroom, with free toiletries and a hairdryer. Other facilities include tea/coffee and DVD players and all the floors are carpeted.The Church of St. Cadog is a short walk from the Fox And Hounds. Cardiff Airport is just a 10-minute drive from the property and Cardiff is a 20-minute drive away. Parking is free.
- The parking was easy, the rooms were fantastic and appeared to be newly renovated/furnished, the restaurant and staff were very friendly and helpful. The locals who frequent the pub in the inn were also very friendly and welcoming.
- Location Very near Cardiff airport… good food and friendly people.
- Quaint building, lovely setting, excellent dinner.
- The food was good and the room clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and pleasant.
- Great location for us, relaxing comfortable overnight stop
Located in the quiet hamlet of Sigingstone, a 10-minute drive from the coastal town of Llantwit Major, Victoria Inn is a family-run establishment with free Wi-Fi and home-made, traditional food.Breakfast, lunch and dinner is available 7 days a week and produce is locally sourced whenever possible. In the bar, local ale and Italian coffee is served and there is a beer garden.Each bedroom is soundproofed and has a large en suite shower room. Amenities include a flat-screen TV, large bed, tea/coffee making facilities and a hairdryer.The market town of Cowbridge is less than 10 minutes’ drive from Victoria Inn and there are beautiful walks around the property. Cardiff is a 30-minute drive away and there is free parking on site.
- fantastic pub / hotel. I was very safe hotel was covid 19 secure and work in the guidelines. My was a business trip.
- Quiet. Really clean room. Really good breakfast with home made ingredients. Local people were friendly. We really enjoyed our stay.
- Everything was absolutely brilliant. Both my husband and I have already told so many people about this inn.
- Good sized room with sufficient storage space, nicely presented. There is a separate entrance to the first floor rooms for when the pub is closed. The pub itself served excellent food, reasonably priced, and with a good wine list. The breakfast was good although you were requested to tell them the day before the time when you would be eating.
- Food was excellent in the evening and at breakfast, nice and quiet,very comfortable bed,excellent TV plenty of room to park my van, and excellent host.
The Bear Hotel
On the outskirts of Cardiff, The Bear Hotel is situated in the picturesque market town of Cowbridge, 25 minutes from Cardiff Airport and with good access to the M4 freeway.The historic Bear Hotel dates back to the 12th century, boasting individually decorated bedrooms, some with beamed ceilings or four-poster beds. All rooms have private bathrooms, with Freeview digital cable TV and free Wi-Fi internet access.Guests will enjoy the flagstone real ale bar and luxurious lounge bar, offering drinks, snacks and afternoon tea. The hotel boasts a charming restaurant, serving an excellent menu, with local produce.In the picturesque Vale of Glamorgan, Cowbridge boasts a beautiful green coastline, boutique shops and beautiful town houses. The Bear Hotel is also 15 minutes away from the center of Cardiff and the Cardiff Bay development.
- Both very good ie Breakfast and location.Staff were delightful cheerful, welcoming and very helpful
- The nice breakfast, good restaurant, comfort bed, nice staff, good location, nice parking place.
- Central location in Cowbridge a real winner. Liked the decor in the restaurant and the olde world feeling in reception. Staff were v friendly and helpful.Had a lovely cooked breakfast. Tea making facilities in room always a bonus.
- Fantastic stay,the lady on reception this morning made our stay even better x
- your facilities and dogfriendliness were excellent many thanks !
Three Horseshoes Country Inn
In the rolling green countryside of Moulton just 5 minutes’ drive from Cardiff, The 3 Horseshoes Inn offers accommodations, a restaurant, and a children’s play park. With free Wi-Fi throughout, the Inn serves local produce on a varied and international menu.Each bedroom has an private bathroom and complimentary toiletries. Twinings teas and a flat-screen TV are included, and all rooms have a warm décor with soft lighting.The traditionally-styled bar and restaurant area are available for drinks and snacks throughout the day, with a covered beer garden and children’s play area outside. Cooked breakfasts are served each morning and special diets can be catered for.Wenvoe Castle and Brynhill Golf Club is just 10 minutes away by car, as well as walking routes along the dramatic South Welsh cliffs. The famous seaside town of Barry is just 10 minutes away by car, with rail links to Cardiff and onwards to Bristol.
- The food was a culinary delight! Every single meal was perfection. They exceeded my expectations when they were kind enough to help me regarding transportation. Highly recommend! Five stars.
- Comfy clean room, friendly helpful staff.Busy with families during the afternoon and early eve then peaceful at night and at breakfas
- Very warm and cosy, felt like being at home and not in a commercial hotel. Beautiful countryside retreat! Even though above a pub it was extremely quiet. Host were very welcoming and accommodating to late check in. Definitely recommend.
- Nice food . Friendly , comfortable . Lovely place with good facilities
- The owner was amazing and all his staff were very friendly helpful rooms were. Fabulous And we would recommend this place to everyone. We have booked to go back in December
The West House
West House Country Hotel dates back to the 16th century and is a friendly, privately owned and run hotel in the old part of Llantwit Major, 25 minutes from Cardiff.The hotel is set in restful countryside and is renowned for its intimate, warm and cozy ambiance. All rooms are en suite and the hotel offers free WiFi.Cardiff Airport and St Donat’s Castle are both a short journey away.
- Good choice of wellcooked food for breakfast. Pleasant surroundings. Small scale ensured personal service.
- Staff were extremely friendly and couldnt do enough. Room and hotel decor were exceptional and very clean.All of the meals we had the West House breakfast and dinner were great, including service.Booked in with a baby and dog, travel cot and bedding provided for baby, dog bed, blankets, towels and bowls provided for dog. Very happy customers and will definitely visit again.
- Room was a little small but comfortable. Everything was clean. Coffee, tea and complimentary biscuits in room. Dining room was good and breakfasts were excellent. The lounge, with glorious log burner, was very cosy to have coffee/and or drinks. The bar separate from lounge was a reasonable size and furnished with comfy modern seating. A really pleasant area to have tea or coffee or drinks. The hotel is in a great position and the walk into the shops/pubs/restaurants is an easy and pleasant walk. It was a real bonus to have parking!
- Excellent breakfast, warm hospitality and staff always has a smile!
- Very comfortable with delightful communal areas which were tranquil and well appointed
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Located next to the terminal building, the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport offers rooms with attached bathroom with breakfast included and quadruple-glazed windows. Free WiFi is available.The modern rooms are air-conditioned and all have satellite TV, a work desk and a power shower. Some of the rooms have views of the airport’s runways and others have views of the Bristol Channel.Breakfast is available from 04:00 to 09:30 every morning. The evening menu features traditional pub dishes and the bar is open until late and sporting events are shown on the bar’s TVs.Free car parking for the duration of the stay is also available.Rhoose Railway Station and the beach are both less than 2 miles from the Holiday Inn Cardiff Airport. Cardiff city center is a 25-minute drive away.
- The room is very good and the coffee/ tea making facilities the room are excellent. Excellent location to the airport walking distance about 4 to 5 minutes. Far from city centre but used it on the overnight before my flight so was very convenient. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the airport but as I had only a small bag and a friend to escort me I chose to walk to the terminal.
- Very close to the airport, a 510 minute walk, tops. Perfect for layovers. Staff were absolutely excellent.
- friendly reception, good night sleep, okay breakfast, shuttle in the morning
- Fabulous breakfast. Clean. Spacious. Shuttle to airport.
- The staff was very helpful, e.g. they sent me to the airport distance is walkable with a shuttle.
Celtic International Hotel Cardiff Airport
One of our top picks in Barry. Located in the beautiful Welsh countryside, Celtic International Hotel is less than a mile away from Cardiff International Airport. It offers free parking for the duration of guests’ stay, well-equipped rooms and an on-site bar/restaurant. Free high-speed WiFi is available throughout the hotel.All rooms feature an private bathroom, 32-inch flat-screen TV, and tea/coffee making facilities and a private bathroom.A traditional fully cooked breakfast is available Monday to Friday from 06:30 – 09:30 and on weekends from 07:30 – 10:30. If guests require an earlier breakfast, continental breakfast bags are offered for take out or delivery to the room.Guests can enjoy the on-site bar with beer garden and the restaurant where meals are served Monday to Saturday. Celtic International Hotel is located 3 miles from the popular Barry Island. The historic Cardiff Castle and the vibrant city center are within half an hour’s drive.
- Nice room, only problem was a lack of a lift. Otherwise everything was good, old school rustic place.
- Good location. Room was a decent size and bed was comfy.
- Excellent hotel to stay for one night before the morning flight. It takes nearly 10 minutes to get to the airport via taxi.
- Superb staff very helpful. Room simple but very clean and comfortable. Outstanding value for money.
- The attention to detail. The little touches make all the difference, and gave me the feeling I was being cared for, not just hosted.
Vale Park Hotel
Located in Barry, 1.7 mi from Watch House Bay, Vale Park Hotel provides accommodations with a restaurant, free private parking, a bar and a shared lounge. Providing a garden, the property is located within 1.9 mi of Penmark Castle. The accommodations features a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi.At the hotel, each room has a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. At Vale Park Hotel, the rooms have a seating area.A takeaway breakfast is available at the property.Fonmon Castle is 2.7 mi from Vale Park Hotel. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 2.4 mi from the hotel.
- The hosts were fabulous. So warm and welcoming. We had a great stay. Highly recommended
- Excellent staff. This is not a business hotel so expectations should be managed but it is well maintained hotel. They do not have a dinner menu but Sharon cooked cheeseburger on my request which was just excellent!
- Adorable family owned hotel with EXCELLENT service, a delicious breakfast, and comfortable rooms.
- Clean , comfortable very welcoming owners . Would definitely return .
- The whole experience was excellent for my 3 night stay. The owners were so friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was varied with lots of options and personal choices catered for. The room was spotless with tea and coffee making facilities. An enjoyable stay and I have booked again.
Set in 650 acres of beautiful Welsh countryside, Vale Resort features a luxury spa, 2 championship golf courses and 2 restaurants. The resort is a 15-minute drive from Cardiff.The elegant bedrooms have air conditioning, a seating area and interactive TV with internet access. Some rooms have a private balcony or scenic views across the Vale of Glamorgan.With an AA Rosette, Vale Grill serves modern Welsh cuisine featuring fresh local produce. The stylish champagne bar has a grand piano, and there is also a casual bistro and Clubhouse bar.The Vale Resort Leisure Center features a swimming pool and spacious gym. Guests can relax in the spa, with its sauna, hot tub, steam room, relaxation lounge, and treatment rooms.Vale Resort is located in Hensol, just a 2-minute drive from the M4 motorway. The grand estate has free on-site parking, and Cardiff Castle can be reached in a 20-minute drive.
- Breakfast was goodLovely peaceful locationPaid for an upgrade to a room with a balcony over the course the room was lovely so well worth the extraCleanliness across the hotel excellent and good COVID protocols in placeExcellent service all staff helpful and friendly
- Love this place. Great location with staff that are intersted in you!
- Wonderful setting . Great if you are a golf enthusiast .
- It was just epic overall, nothing wrong and exceedingly good value for money for what I paid. Great staff, and great location. Cant complain at all.
- Check in was very quick and efficient. Room comfortable. Nice breakfast.
Aberthaw House Hotel
Aberthaw House Hotel is set in the charming West End of Barry, just a 10-minute drive from the M4 motorway. The property was built in 1892 and features some original features. It offers full cooked breakfasts, and there is free WiFi available throughout the building.Rooms at Aberthaw House Hotel feature tea and coffee-making facilities, a TV with digital channels and an private bathroom with a bath or a shower.Cardiff city center is 10 miles from the building. Barry Rail Station is a 5-minute walk away, where you can get trains to the city and its famous attractions in around 20 minutes.The hotel has a restaurant open 7 days a week from 18:00. Booking is advised as it is the smallest restaurant in Barry.
- Helen and staff were really friendly and the Full Welsh Breakfast was delicious. We were made to feel welcome and we had everything we needed for a 2 night stop over. Its a family run Guest house and we found it to be ideal for us clean comfy bed and a shower. I would return if I am in Barry again. X
- I arrived a few hours before checkin time, hoping I could just leave my bags and wander, and to my happy surprise, the room was ready. The room was clean and lovely, the BB quiet and peaceful. A short walk down a hill brings you to High Street, where there are places to eat, and a twentyminute walk brings you to Barry Island, with the beach and promenade. I was only there for the night, but I would definitely stay there again.
- Breakfast was excellent and staff were too. Special thanks to Dee Helen and Frankie.
- Breakfast wash hot,well cooked and good choice.Wish I was as jolly as the staff in the mornings.
- Breakfast was if a good quality and chice of items. Presented lovely by a little ray of sunshine member of staff.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Flemingston