Blazing Donkey Country Hotel
One of our top picks in Sandwich. Set on beautiful grounds, Blazing Donkey Hotel has countryside views and rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has free secure parking and is a 20 minute drive from Dover.Samphire at Ham restaurant is featured in the Good Food Guide, and has a menu featuring fresh, local produce. The Blazing Donkey has an outdoor terrace, overlooking the gardens.Set around a courtyard, all of the rooms have private bathrooms, digital radio and flat-screen TVs. Some rooms at Blazing Donkey Country Hotel feature 4-poster beds.
- Great quiet location for visiting the surrounding area, staff were very helpful.
- Great staff, great main building with dining and pub room!!
- We had a brilliant one night stay. The team made us feel very at home. From the log fire in the bar to the effortlessly attentive service, it was just what we were looking for as a family with our dog.
- Best was the service from exceptional staff and wonderful food. Equal to Michelin 5 .Room was adequate size but seemed smaller for 2 reasons. A twoseater sofa and an armchair were unnecessary as was the superking sized bed when a normal king or double would have sufficed and given more room. There was a loud squeak coming from the bed when moving around in it. Lighting in the room and in the bathroom was too dim using low wattage bulbs.Decor throughout was a little tired and needed some t.l.c. We keep returning for the food and service and will visit again for the same reason.
- Room was spotless and the bathroom of a much higher standard than i expected with massive walk in shower.Dinner was of a very high standard and of a quality I would normally expect in top rated restaurants. Breakfast, full English one day and kippers day 2 were superb with full use of local produce.
The Bell Hotel
On the quayside, overlooking the river, in the historic port of Sandwich, this recently refurbished traditional hotel offers free Wi-Fi, an impressive restaurant and elegant, modern rooms.Stylish and comfortable, the Bell Hotel now has a chic, modern feel, while retaining its reputation for excellence. All of the rooms with attached bathroom have TVs, digital radios, telephones, tea/coffee making facilities and bespoke toiletries. Some rooms have balconies and river views. Guests can enjoy an award winning breakfast in the morning.The restaurant and bar feature honey-colored oak flooring and attractive natural colors. The menu changes regularly to reflect the finest, freshest seasonal produce available locally. Local fish and seafood, salt-marsh lamb and locally sourced meat are simply cooked to bring out their full, natural flavors.Sandwich is one of Kent’s best-kept secrets. One of the region’s Cinque Ports, it is reputed to be the most complete medieval town in England, with more historic listed buildings per acre than anywhere else in the country.
- Great location. Attractive building. Breakfast excellent. Attentive staff.
- Central location. Very friendly staff from receptionists to staff in the restaurant. All a credit to the hotel.Excellent breakfast.Reasonable sized family room.Clean tidy rooms and lobby.
- Breakfast was amazing. The staff were absolutely wonderful.
- The breakfast was incredible. Cooked to order, just the best hotel breakfast Ive had in years! The staff were very friendly and the room was large with a comfortable bed
- Wonderful welcome by great staff. I was forewarned about a wedding party on the Saturday which was nice to know about but didnt disturb us at all anyway.The breakfast was excellent every day and piping hot so we knew it was freshly cooked to order. The vegetarian options were delicious.The building itself is really rather lovely too.I will be back on my next visit.
Built in 1700 and overlooking the pier, this family-run hotel is close to the town center, the bus and train stations, golf, fishing, and is 8 miles from Dover ferry port.Waterfront Hotel is a cozy, period hotel with helpful, friendly staff willing to help. Single, double, triple and family rooms are available, some of which are en suite.The property has a long history as a hotel. It is thought that Admiral Nelsons crew frequented the hotel during the 1700’s. Located directly in front of Deal’s pier, the hotel has panoramic views out to the Goodwin Sands and the coast of France. Guests are invited to relax with a coffee in the lounge and appreciate the view.The lounge Bar and some of the rooms have wonderful sea views. The hotel does not have a elevator.
- Excellent location overlooking beach and sea.Excellent breakfast.Lots of hot water disappointing shower
- Great breakfast, very tasty and with lots of choice. Very good with gluten free too, had plenty of gf bread. Really liked the location of the hotel, just opposite the beach was ideal with all good facilities nearby. Nice area to sit out the front with a drink too.
- Lovely breakfast, cheerful staff, clean room, very quiet, good nights sleep! The bedding was comfortable, the window opened.
- Really great value. Home away from home experience!We had a budget room, with breakfast included. The room was comfy and warm, staff very friendly and approachable, and the breakfast was an absolute 10/10.
- We stayed one night at the start of a cycling tour. Great location, right next to Deal pier. The staff were very helpful and kindly let us store our bikes. Good breakfast.
St Crispin Inn
Set in Worth, less than 1.2 mi from the historic town of Sandwich and its train station, St Crispin Inn features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room has a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Dover ferry terminal and train station can be reached within 12 mi. Folkestone Channel Tunnel is 18 mi away. The center of Canterbury is 14 mi away.
- Excellent breakfast, not massive but cooked to order and friendly staffespecially the young chap who was with us on Sunday morningCourtyard room location is excellent, bed was comfortable and tv good size. nice to be able to sit outside in morning and pub garden brilliantugly noisy cat hanging around was annoying
- Staff amazing. Food great. Independent room that you could sit outside
- Friendly welcome and service, lovely location, good food.
- Idyllic setting, beautifully presented room, extremely friendly staff, great food, and nice range of beverages.
- Beautiful relaxed location, very friendly staff really helpful. Rooms clean and comfortable Food excellent. We had a dog friendly room but not all rooms are dog friendly apparently so do make sure when booking. The inn itself is very dog friendly and our 4 legged friend was made very welcome.Thanks to everyone for a brilliant stay would definitely recommend it
Kings Arms Hotel
The Kings Arms Hotel is set in the heart of Sandwich, 10 minutes’ walk from the railway station. This traditional English inn dates back to 1580 and features a restaurant and a bar.The traditional rooms at The Kings Arms Hotel have bright décor. There is a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee-making facilities and an private bathroom.The cozy bar features a fireplace and you can enjoy a drink out on the terrace. The restaurant serves traditional English dishes, steaks and homemade pies.Sandwich’s beaches and 3 golf courses can be found within 3 miles of the Kings Arms. Sandwich and Pegwell Bay National Nature Reserve can be reached in less than half an hour by car.
- Friendly welcome, obliging staff, comfortable room, superb pint of Harveys, excellent dinner, good sleep and a good breakfast.
- The kings arms is without a doubt the nicest pub/hotel Ive started at the a long time. The building was gorgeous, gardens and patio beautiful and the bar area roomy with lovely comfortable seats . I found the staf exceptionally friendly, nothing was to much trouble alway with a smile . I highly recommend the beautiful public house/hotel is you want a perfect location , excellent food a memorable stay
- The Kings Arms, Sandwich is one of the most delightful , beautiful friendliest places Ive stayed throughout my extensive travels around the Kent area. The room was spotless, comfortable and had everything . The inclusive breakfast, outstanding, and dinner last nigh was excellent. I could not fault this fantastic hotel. Wonderful friendly staff and all round lovely family atmosphere.Most definitely highly recommend Ill be back with friends family for sure. Well done The Kongs Arms, a cut above the rest. 12/7/20
- Clean, friendly staff, excellent breakfast. Restaurant served very good food at reasonable price. lovely atmosphere in the pub.
- On the seafront so a great place for going for a walk after checking in. Friendly, helpful staff and good food.
The Plough Inn Ripple
Located in Deal and with Deal Castle reachable within 2.8 miles, The Plough Inn Ripple has a garden, non-smoking rooms, free WiFi and a bar. The property has a restaurant and Sandown Castle is 5 miles away.All rooms at the inn come with a seating area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a shower. The rooms will provide guests with a closet and an electric tea pot.The Plough Inn Ripple offers a à la carte or Full English/Irish breakfast.You can play darts at the accommodation.Walmer Castle is 2.3 miles from The Plough Inn Ripple.
- Brilliant breakfast! Filled us up for the whole day! Would have liked to stay a couple of days more, but we only booked for one night. Plenty of footpaths to explore if we had the time.Very comfortable rooms with lots of space. Great little pub with a good choice of beers.
- 4th or 5th time of staying here the only downside this time was the kitchen was closed for refurbishment but on the plus side the local chinese takeaway is excellent and plates, cutlery etc were supplied by the pub so we could eat in.
- Really enjoyable stay staff very welcoming and friendly
- My partner and I both had an evening meal at the property.The choice of food items was excellent with the service both friendly and quickThe food was well presented and tastyBreakfast the following morning was also served quickly with equally friendly and helpful staff.The joint owners Roy and Brian went out of their way to help me when I suffered a migraine on the Sunday morning.Brian drove to an out of hours chemist in Deal to collect some migraine tablets for me.Friendly, helpful second to none service
- Breakfast was great everything you could want and plenty of it.Lovely countryside location.Friendly helpful staff.
The Dog At Wingham
Set within a Grade II Listed former coaching inn, this award-winning property occupies a prominent position opposite the church in the picturesque village of Wingham, just outside Canterbury.The Dog Inn at Wingham has been carefully restored to provide a harmonious fusion of 13th century features and modern comforts. All rooms are different sizes and layouts, some with heavy beams and amazing period features.The Dog Inn also has a very popular restaurant which is featured in Egon Ronay’s latest guide to the UK’s best restaurants and gastropubs. It serves traditional homemade meals, prepared using the finest local produce.
- What was not to like?? The staff were fabulous, the venue and its surroundings were just perfect, my evening meal was exceptional and the same with the breakfast.Thank you
- I am a food loverI loved the food. Was amazing!!!!!
- Breakfast was delicious, exceptional service and great value for money.. the staff were attentive, willing to accomodate any requests such as a coffee refill without blinking an eye..
- Lovely secluded terrace garden at the rear perfect for dinner and breakfastExcellent foodRelaxed atmosphere yet discreetly attentive staff
- The Dog has a lovely atmosphere.The staff were friendly and efficient, whilst taking good care to socially distance themselves and maintain good anti Covid protocols
The Royal Hotel is on the seafront in Deal. With beautiful rooms, this 18th-century 3 star hotel offers the perfect setting for exploring Kent.The Royal’s warm hospitality and comfortable surroundings have been enjoyed by famous people such as Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton.The elegant à la carte restaurant serves a variety of freshly cooked meals.There are 4 championship golf courses close to the Royal Hotel.The Royal Hotel can accommodate weddings and conferences.
- Great location, lovely pubhotel on the beach, enormous bedroom bathroom.
- Loved the location right on the esplanade. Our fabulous room had a sea view.
- Lovely friendly staff, beautiful location tasty breakfast.
- Beautiful English seaside hotel on the beach. Enormous rooms. Beautifully decorated. V dogfriendly. Well be back.
- Great sea view. The Eggs Benedict for breakfast was cooked perfectly
With a 4-star rating, this characteristic pub with an open fire and beams offers home cooked cuisine.Originally built as cottages in the 16th century, the Evenhill lies on the A257 in Littlebourne, between Canterbury and Sandwich. The hotel consists of 16 bedrooms, all of which have private bathrooms and air conditioning.
- Absolutely wonderful stay, thank you so much. Staff were amazing and the food was out of this world. Thank you so much for looking after us so well.
- Everything, from the service to the cleanliness. Everyone was polite and friendly. I will definitely be staying there again when Im next in Canterbury.
- Loved that it felt like we were out in the country, even down to seeing the stars. Absolutely brilliant! Breakfast was gorgeous. Staff very Nice. Room was beautiful, comfortable and corner tub was very special. Thank you!
- We brought our dog with us and we were made welcome in the pub. The breakfast was good and they even brought a sausage for the dog. There are lots of interesting looking walks nearby and we intend to go back there sometime for a holiday.
- Very clean, good parking, great breakfast and a PUB for dinner. I would stay here again.
Holiday Inn Dover
Set in peaceful landscaped gardens, Holiday Inn Dover is just 10 minutes from Dover’s bustling Ferry Port and famous White Cliffs. It has free parking, a gym, and a themed restaurant.The 4-star hotel offers elegant rooms with an private bathroom and power shower. Each also has free Wi-Fi and an interactive TV with games to enjoy.The Bella Italia Restaurant has warm décor and an exciting à la carte menu. The Mediterranean-style Junction Bar serves a range of cocktails and fine wines, and features an adjoining terrace.There is a 24-hour gym and a 24-hour front desk. Guests can also relax at the onsite cafe, with ample seating space and daily newspapers.Located alongside the A2 between Dover and Canterbury, Leaf Hotel is 10 minutes’ drive from the impressive Dover Castle. Ferries across the channel can be caught just 4 miles away.
- Its being refurbed at the moment but is still well kept!
- Third time we have stayed here on our way to and from Dover.very convenient.
- Breakfast was good with a multiple choice catering for all tastes.
- We knew this property was on the outskirts of Dover. It is a village with only McDonalds nearby. We enjoyed the pub Wetherspoon in Dover for dinner. Very nice room!
- Convenient for Dover docks. After driving 500 miles across Europe good to reach hotel within half an hour of docking.On return to continent within 15 mins in dock.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Eastry