The Hoops Inn & Country Hotel
The Hoops Inn & Country Hotel is a Grade II listed property nestled within unspoiled countryside and 5 minutes’ drive from a scenic coastal walk. Dartmoor and Exmoor national parks can both be reached in less than an hour’s drive. The property also has more than 8 acres of landscaped grounds for guests to enjoy.An private bathroom, TV and tea/coffee making facilities are featured in each room at The Hoops Inn.A full English breakfast and varied menu can be enjoyed in the restaurant or al fresco on the covered courtyard. Local produce is used where possible, such as locally reared meat and locally caught fish.The picturesque village of Clovelly is just over 10 minutes’ drive away, and golf, sailing and surfing can be enjoyed in the surrounding area.
- Excellent evening meal and breakfast, very good chefs. Staff were very attentive and helpful
- The room was comfortable, the staff very friendly and the food was excellent. Location very handy.The hotel has a good size car park out of site of the road.
- Very well organised regarding Covid19 health and safety, and social distancing. Ample parking, very nice ensuite, good food, friendly staff
- The staff were very helpful and friendly, we had a lovely stay.
- The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. Evening menu was to die for, but if you are planning to have a 3 course meal dont eat anything else all day!! The portion sizes are huge but so delicious that you end up eating far too much. Absolutely divine. The staff are so friendly ,helpful and good fun. Nothing is too much hassle. Wonderful all round.
The Bradworthy Inn
A 15-minute drive from Holsworthy, The Bradworthy Inn offers self-catering accommodations in its well-appointed apartments. There is free on-site parking and WiFi, and the pub serves a range of food including popular Sunday roasts.Each apartment has a well-equipped kitchen with an oven, microwave, fridge and dishwasher, as well as a dining table. There is a lounge, double bedroom with TV and DVD player, and a shower room. The apartments have a private entrance accessed via the courtyard, and are not located above the bar.With wooden beams and an open fireplace, The Bradworthy Inn provides cozy surroundings to enjoy a range of real ales, wines and ciders, and has a spacious beer garden. Classic pub meals and local butcher’s steaks are joined by daily specials on the restaurant menu. The pub hosts live music every month.The village of Bradworthy lies close to the Cornish border, with Bude’s popular surfing beaches around 11 miles away. You can also drive to Launceston, Tintagel Castle and Dartmoor National Park in 40-45 minutes.
- Good accommodation above lovely pub in ideal base to explore North Devon
- Good central location for accessing the region by car. Apartment was good quality and comfortable size for a couple. Free parking across the road was very good. Overall great stay and would stay again
- Fantastic apartment really spacious and comfortable. Excellent facilities if you want to selfcater.
- Nice sized apartment had dishwasher cooker. Kettle hairdryer for the mrs ironing board and iron microwave everything two TVs one in the main room and one in the bedroom bed was super comfy
- very clean and modern apartment, had everything we needed, easy check in and check out process and good location in devon to get to the beaches!
Red Lion Hotel
Set in a charming fishing village, in the Hartland Devon Heritage Coast, The Red Lion Hotel features rooms with striking sea or harbor views. There is free private parking, and free WiFi.The rooms have a TV and private bathroom with bath. Some rooms feature a seating area to relax in after a busy day.With bay views, The Red Lion’s restaurant serves fish which is caught each day. Seasonal, local produce also comes from Clovelly Estate Gardens nearby.The harbor bar at The Red Lion serves snacks and drinks, and looks out across the quay and the cottages. You can play darts at the hotel.Coastal walks are popular. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 71 miles from the property.
- We had a nice stay at the Red Lion. The location is idyllic, at the bottom of the town and right on the harbour with gorgeous views all around. The hotel was nicely decorated and the room was clean and comfortable, with a nice view out on the water. Conveniently close to the pub downstairs, and it was great being able to get some delicious takeaway fish and chips to eat on the picnic tables outside. Nice little lounge area to have somewhere to sit thats not your room. Would recommend!
- The location was unique and beautiful.Pub cozy food was good. Get the squid and the mussels!
- The bed was very comfortable. The host and staff were very kind and helpful. The property is beautiful. There is nowhere else like clovelly on earth.
- Superb location right on the harbour and the seaview room that we were allocated had awesome views out front and to the harbourside. Watched a lifeboat emerge from the comfort of our room which was very interesting as they employ a caterpillar tractor to aid the launch! With a restaurant on site it saves tired legs we were walking the SW Coast Path climbing up steep Clovelly unnecessarily. Oh, and being offered a complimentary lift back to the exact SWCP break of point again started us off in great spirits.
- It rained while we were there and there were not a lot of people there so perhaps our experience was not typical. I felt it was overpriced for our experience. I felt the restaurant was also overpriced. The bar was sorely lacking in ambiance. We wanted a bar to sit in and enjoy a drink.
New Inn Hotel
Built in the 17th century, the New Inn is a quiet hotel set in the heart of Clovelly, on an ancient cobbled street. It offers individually-styled bedrooms, a restaurant and a bar.All bedrooms are bright and airy and feature a luxurious bathroom and a seating area. Some have sea views over Bideford Bay towards Saunton Sands and Braunton, 10 miles away.Breakfast is available for an additional fee.Clovelly is a privately owned, picturesque fishing village; guests’ luggage can be transported to the hotel by sledge.
- The hotel offered a breakfast tray alternative because we had to leave early. And they packed a nice lunch for us for the trail.
- Quaint hotel in a quaint village. Comfortable and quiet, good food and just a wonderful stay even though it was raining.
- Could not falt it blow me away all the staff were brilliant thank you for a lovely time regards john sue and drew and Denise
- We stayed at the Red Lion Hotel at Clovelly as our booking was transferred from the New Inn not yet open at the time of our stay. The Red Lion is in a fantastic location, right on the harbour. Our room was amazing with views across the harbour and over the sea see photo of the view from our room. The staff were friendly and accommodating. We ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast and evening meal. The menu was good and the quality of the meals were excellent.
- Due to CV19 we actually stayed in The Red Lion sister hotel. Superb location in a unique village, staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent quality bar food.
The West Country Inn
One of our top picks in Clovelly. Set in 2.5 acres, surrounded by moorland and unspoiled countryside, this award-winning property is a former 16th century Coaching Inn, full of character and warmth. It offers a gym, a Spa hot tub, free Wi-Fi and free parking.Between the towns of Bideford and Bude, on the North Devon Atlantic Highway, the Inn features a wealth of original features, open fireplaces and stunning views over the beautiful surrounding countryside. Furthermore, the property is equipped with a Carvery/Function Room and a cozy restaurant with original flagstone flooring and crooked beams.In the evenings, after a long day of exploring the wonderful surroundings, you can relax in the Games Room or in the Lounge and Bar. In the warmer months, the Beer Garden is the ideal spot for a refreshing drink.
- Staff were lovely, breakfast was good. Nice n cosy
- Very cozy lovely room withwooden beams, very comfy bed.
- The location was great the staff were very friendly and the food was very goodLovely roast Its a very old pub with character
- Although the Hotel is on the main road, the double glazed window and very little traffic was fine. Food was excellent, both for dinner and the cooked breakfasts. The staff were very easy to talk to and we would happily stay again.
- The staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was great food was very good. Breakfast coffee especially good!Very accommodating of our Labrador too Great location for all the local beaches and water sports
Durrant House Hotel
One of our top picks in Bideford. This 3-star hotel is on the outskirts of the historic port of Bideford and has views over the Torridge estuary. It has free Wi-Fi, free parking, a sauna and an outdoor pool.The Durrant House Hotel is in North Devon and is within easy reach of the area’s sandy beaches and beautiful countryside.The rooms have tea/coffee, TVs, hairdryers and Italian marble private bathrooms.A full English breakfast is available every day.The Olive Tree Restaurant has a traditional style with oak paneling. Dishes are cooked to order and made with fresh local produce. The Appledore Bar serves simple, home-cooked food with a variety of grills, basket meals, baguettes and burgers.
- Amazing breakfast area and decor. It made me feel I was on the titanic.
- Staff welcoming, friendly and helpful.Food excellent Stay very pleasant.
- This place was well maintained one could feel the Victorian class of s bygone age.The staff were super friendly helpful. The room was clean comfortable. The breakfast was really nice varied. The coffee was rather nice too. The bar was reasonably priced too.Overall, the staff were lovely.
- Breakfast was good, good choice. Location was nice and central. Staff were very helpful.
- The staff throughout were super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was extensive. Five stars. !!!!
Orchard Hill Hotel
One of our top picks in Bideford. Set in an elegant Victorian building, Orchard Hill Hotel overlooks the River Torridge in Bideford. This small family-run hotel offers bed-and-breakfast accommodations with free WiFi, a bar, and a large guest lounge and dining room.Featuring views over the garden or the river, the individually styled rooms are warm, light, and spacious. Each room offers a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The private bathrooms have luxury toiletries and a hairdryer. Ironing supplies are available upon request.In the mornings, Orchard Hill serves full English breakfast in the dining room. Continental options are also available. Guests can relax in the guest lounge or on the terrace seating area, which features heating in the evenings.With free private parking, Orchard Hill Hotel is conveniently positioned close to the A39 road and is surrounded by local attractions, walks, and amenities. The Royal North Devon Golf Club can be reached after a 5-minute drive and Barnstaple’s town center is a 20-minute drive away.Exmoor National Park is within 35 minutes’ drive of Orchard Hill. The resorts of Westward Ho! and Appledore are 5 minutes away by car. The beautiful village of Clovelly is reached within a 30-minute drive.
- Nice breakfast, would have liked the option of an evening meal though.
- Jane and Steve were very welcoming and friendly and nothing was too much trouble.The Bedroom was lovely and very comfortable and the breakfasts delicious!Would highly recommend this hotel if visiting the Bideford area.
- The owners went out of their way to make our stay comfortable,and the breakfast was excellent,especially as they provided gluten free options for my wife.
- Steve welcomed us with great hospitality, definitely a place we would like to stay again. Everything is well thought through, from a comfortable bed, to home baked croissant and tips for local food.
- Convenient location, walking distance to the town. Elegant building and carefully presented rooms and shared guest facilities dining room, lounge. Personal service noticeably different from corporate, or hotel chains. Good to see a bar service available for late travellers.
The White Hart Hotel
Located in Holsworthy, The White Hart Hotel features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel has family rooms.Rooms come complete with a private bathroom equipped with a shower and free toiletries, while certain rooms at the hotel also offer a seating area.A continental breakfast is available daily at The White Hart Hotel.You can play pool and darts at the accommodation, and bike rental is available.Tavistock is 27 miles from The White Hart Hotel, while Barnstaple is 28 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International, 53 miles from the hotel, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Clean, friendly service , lovely breakfast and gorgeous towels
- husband enjoyed the full English I only had toast bread was delicious, quiet dont know what it would be like in normal times. bed was very comfortable and I loved the reading light. I found the stairs a bit hard going but then I have a back problem but on the whole we were very pleased with everything.
- The Hotel was in a good spot for what we needed, and when we saw the staff they were always hard at work doing renovations to improve the place, our stay was very good alive and the room was great for our needs.
- I was really surprised at how big our room and bathroom was. It was really comfortable, clean and not dated at all. The staff were lovely and couldnt be more helpful. The location was excellent, close to amenities and the car park opposite was only 3 for 24 hours. We were able to visit Tintagel and Bude as they were so easy to get to. We would definitely stay again.
- Landlord very helpful friendly.Meal was really nice plentifulRoom lovely warm clean comfortable enough essentials
Kings Arms Hotel
Located in Holsworthy, Kings Arms Hotel has a restaurant, bar and free WiFi. The property has services including meeting and banquet facilities and karaoke.The rooms in the hotel are equipped with a flat-screen TV and a hairdryer.Guests at Kings Arms Hotel can enjoy a Full English/Irish breakfast.You can play darts at the accommodation.Tavistock is 27 miles from Kings Arms Hotel, while Barnstaple is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 53 miles from the hotel.
- Very helpful and friendly staff with a homely feel ,20 minutes drive from Bude beaches.
- The owners were very friendly and the rooms had everything a family would need.
- Very nice pub but a shame it was closed due to Covid. Very nice room, quiet a good breakfast. On a Sunday,evening, difficult to find somewhere to eat out as we had our dog
- Everything. Ashley and Gill were amazing hosts nothing was to much trouble, the whole place was as clean as Ive ever seen and there attention to COVID19 cleanliness was second to none. The room was clean tidy and all round beautiful and so comfortable and the breakfast which was included was fantastic. Keep up the good work and we would have no hesitation to recommend your lovely place and we would love to stay again some time soon.
- Friendly welcome on arrival, the most well appointed family room we have ever stayed in, comfortable beds, the room and hotel was very clean, lovely breakfast, ideally situated to tour Bude, Port Issac, Boscastle, etc. Ash and Jill make you feel very welcome.
The Bickford Arms Inn
Located in Holsworthy, The Bickford Arms Inn offers a restaurant. Among the various facilities of this property are a bar and a garden. The hotel has family rooms.Guest rooms in the hotel are equipped with a flat-screen TV. The Bickford Arms Inn has some rooms that include a balcony, and every room has an electric tea pot.A Full English/Irish breakfast is available daily at the property.Plymouth is 31 miles from the accommodation, while Port Isaac is 29 miles away. Exeter International Airport is 37 miles from the property.
- Great little hotel and pub. Excellent value restaurant.
- Clean comfortable room, good food, and an ideal location for our weekend photography course
- Breakfast very good. Every thing you wanted was there.we booked
- The friendliest staff Ive ever met and you certainly dont go hungry!
- Hospitality was excellent made you feel so welcome . Breakfast full english was so good and plentiful .
Looking for: Best Hotels in East Putford