The Royal Oak Hotel
Located in Chapel en le Frith, The Royal oak hotel has a restaurant, bar, garden, and free WiFi. Featuring room service, this property also provides guests with a terrace. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.The rooms in the hotel are equipped with a flat-screen TV.A Full English/Irish breakfast is available each morning at The Royal oak hotel.Manchester is 22 miles from the accommodation, while Sheffield is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Manchester Airport, 23 miles from The Royal oak hotel.
- A great central location / base for exploring the Peak District. Had an evening meal pizza and breakfast, and in both cases the food was fantastic. Friendly staff and locals in the bar too. The room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable, and I enjoyed a great nights sleep. Would definitely stay again, perhaps for a few nights to see a little more of the area.
- Nice room with comfortable bed. Nice hot shower in the ensuite. Good restaurant and breakfast included.Staff has been very welcoming
- Food was excellent, busy place with atmosphere. Good value for money
- Excellent food. Breakfast was very good and we had a meal there in the evening which was excellent.
- Very helpful and friendly staff.Looks like its been recently decorated love the grey colour.Comfy bed.Evening meal was good and plentiful.Breakfast was OK.Great location for walking/running.
The Roebuck Inn
Featuring a bar and a terrace, The Roebuck Inn is located in Chapel en le Frith. The property has karaoke and free WiFi throughout the property.All rooms in the inn are equipped with an electric tea pot. At The Roebuck Inn the rooms include a closet, a TV and a private bathroom.Guests at the accommodation can enjoy a Full English/Irish or a halal breakfast.You can play darts at The Roebuck Inn.Manchester is 22 miles from the inn, while Sheffield is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Manchester Airport, 22 miles from The Roebuck Inn.
- The room was spacious, quiet and easy to heat with a fastacting and readily adjustable heater. The landlady gave me extremely helpful guidance for parking.
- lovely friendly pub, location excellent.karen who runs the pub is really helpful and friendly.rooms excellent value for money.breakfast is a must !!!thank you made our stay very enjoyable
- Excellent location value for money very friendly staff excellent service
- Breakfast was fine probably a bit big !Room was great, staff very welcoming and friendly
- Great place to stay. Well located, comfortable and staff who were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great value too, well worth it. Would happily book again next time we visit the peak district. Thanks!
The Palace Hotel Buxton & Spa
Located at the center of Buxton, The Palace Hotel Buxton & Spa offers a swimming pool and beauty salon. This grand Victorian hotel is about 1,000 feet from the Buxton Train Station.The Palace Hotel Buxton has modern facilities, comfy rooms, a restaurant and parking (at an additional cost).Cavendish Golf Club is 2,650 feet away, and the hotel is well-located for exploring all the beauty of The Peak District.
- I had a lovely stay. The hotel is beautiful even if needs some maintenance. The room was very spacious and comfortable. Buxton is an interesting place to visit. The food at the hotel was really good too.
- Rooms were huge with good clean bathroom. Had a swim in the pool which was easy to book.
- A beautiful hotel full of Victorian Grandeur and regal elegance Cheaper than a BB fantastic value
- Breakfast good, excellent location in town, would definitely stay again for a Peaks cycling trip.
- First stayed here 15 years ago. Best place to stay if like me you love old, quaint and with a dash of eccentric
B/W Plus Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
This fully modernized Georgian property, with its rosette award-winning restaurant, near the center of Buxton, offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi and parking.Surrounded by its own tranquil private gardens, B/W Plus Buxton Lee Wood Hotel is a peaceful, relaxing base from which to visit the stunning natural beauty of the Peak District.Just off the A5004, B/W Plus Buxton Lee Wood Hotel has great access to the region’s major road network. Buxton’s town center is just a few moments’ walk away.
- Fabulous well run Hotel with some really nice staff, check in simple we did it online before we went. Sat in the bar area as we arrived really early and enjoyed the beer our room was ready as they said at 2pm so no problem. So simple once there as you just book everything you eat or drink straight to your room and pay in on go as you check out. Evening meal very good and breakfast too, overall a really good stay and we shall use this hotel again
- The room was very comfortable, clean and everything worked, I tried to upgrade to a better room but was glad that wasnt available, as I didnt think it could have been much better. The breakfast was very good and the staff were very polite and the service fantastic.
- Great breakfast, amazing restaurant for evening meal. Best dessert Ive ever had Strawberry Cheesecake yum!!!. Nice quiet room in the Annex 41. Staff were excellent and friendly. Well be back!!!
- We were in a superior room which was spacious and comfortable.
- Hotel was very clean and in very pretty part of town. Breakfast was really good and staff was friendly. Definitely recommend to others!
The Old Hall Inn
One of our top picks in Chinley. Located at the heart of the Peak District, The Old Hall Inn offers free Wi-Fi throughout. The quintessential English country pub is set just 15 miles from Manchester and within 10 minutes’ walk of Chinley Railway Station.This family-run, 16th century inn offers rooms with attached bathroom with a flat-screen TV. The room also includes hot drink making facilities. Some rooms are located in the adjacent sister property, The Paper Mill Inn.Full English breakfasts and daily meals are served in the Minstrels Gallery, which connects The Old Hall Inn with the neighboring Elizabethan manor house, Whitehough Hall. The traditional country pub offers a seasonal menu with traditional favorites, prepared using local produce. The bar serves a wide selection of local ales.Chatsworth House is 20 miles away and the area of Kinder Scout offers scenic walks, just 20 minutes’ drive away. Free private parking is available.
- The apartment was lovely well thought out and comfortable. Funky wood burner we fired up as the evenings were just chilly enough to warrant lighting it. little kitchen was really cool as was the parking on the drive !
- The cracken view studio is absolutely amazing and cosy with beautiful mountain views. Dan was exceptional and looked after us with all his staff. Food was to die for! There are plenty of walks to explore the Peak District.
- Historic medieval building very conveniently located in the Peak District. A lot of parking space available.
- Really enjoyed the stay. Amazing food in the restaurant.
- The food is amazing and the location is beautiful.
Old Hall Hotel
In the center of picturesque Buxton, in the heart of the beautiful Peak District, the Old Hall Hotel features a traditional restaurant, free Wi-Fi and spacious rooms with period features.With individual character and elegant decor, the rooms at Old Hall each have tea/coffee facilities and a TV with satellite channels. All rooms have a private bathroom with free toiletries, and some have cozy seating areas.The popular wine bar offers a range of beverages and snacks, and full English, award-winning breakfasts are served daily.This Historic building dates back to 1576 when Mary Queen of Scots stayed at the hotel and sampled the healing properties of Buxton’s famous spa water.
- Excellent, quality hotel. It was wonderfully historic, and the breakfast was delicious. The room was large and comfortable, and the staff pays great attention to COVID safety guidelines. Highly recommended
- The hotel is full of old world charm however it is next to construction site there is a lot of dust and number of the areas are closed these areas are going to a be the spa for the new hotel next to the old hall , dont let this put you off the old hall is one of oldest hotels in England well worth the stay however, we should have been told in advance of the closed bars and construction next to the hotel
- It was a good location, nice good sized rooms reasonable equipped and th hotel staff looked after you well
- The hotel was Covid secure. An old building full of character. The staff were excellent. The breakfast was nice.
- The room was lovely, comfortable and very large. Lovely bathroom . Breakfast was delicious. The location was perfect as had a park opposite and close to the shops
One of our top picks in Buxton. Portland Hotel is a traditional building in the spa town of Buxton, surrounded by the stunning Peak District. It is a leisurely 10-minute walk from Buxton Rail Station.An ideal base from which to explore the picturesque surroundings, the Peak District National Park can be reached in 10 minutes’ drive from Portland Hotel. Chatsworth House is just 17 miles away.The hotel rooms are individually decorated, with wooden floors, traditional furnishings, and TVs. Guests can enjoy free private parking on site, and free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.A full English breakfast is served in the morning.The University of Derby is a 10-minute walk from Portland Hotel. The Buxton Opera House can be reached in 5 minutes’ walk.
- The staff were all so friendly, working under difficult conditions in these Covid times.
- The location is perfect for the town centre and local walks and attractions. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Really good value for money. I had booked a single rate room and they gave me a double. Nice breakfast sets you up for the day
- Fabulous friendly well run hotel with very good staff and a good breakfast too
- Great breakfast Nice staff Good location for the Opera houseand town.
- Good location. Just a short walk through the park to the town centre. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good.
Across from the Pavilion Gardens, Buckingham Hotel is just a 5-minute walk from Buxton town center. The hotel has traditional rooms with free Wi-Fi and a bar where can enjoy cask ales, wines and six draft lagers.The bedrooms are individually decorated, and each has a private bathroom with a hairdryer. All rooms feature a TV and tea/coffee facilities, and some have a luxury standalone bathtub.The Buckingham is just a 5-minute walk from Buxton Opera House. There is free on-site parking, and the popular walks of the beautiful Peak District National Park are within a 15-minute drive of the property.
- Its a lovely place with strong personality and very friendly staff
- Superb location, quirky loads of Hollywood photos about the place Our flush broke which was mended immediately, all requirements met
- I think the price is reasonable, the staff are friendly and the bar was good.
- Lovely location, cool looking building, safe area, lots of parking, excellent value for money. I especially liked being watched over by Julia Roberts during the night x
- Its cheap and clean, for 50 a night you cant complain. Pretty much get what you pay for.
The Queen’s Head Hotel
On the High Street in the Derbyshire spa town of Buxton, The Queen’s Head Hotel is a lively central pub that offers rooms with attached bathroom with satellite TV and free WiFi. A 7-minute walk from the Buxton Opera House and Buxton Train Station.The Queen’s serves locally brewed ales in its relaxing bar.Rooms are accessed via a private entrance and have a satellite TV, wardrobes, an alarm clock and tea and coffee facilities. Each room has an en suite shower room.Breakfast is served each morning at The Queen’s Head Hotel. The bar offers a selection of real ales from various local breweries.The Buxton Museum and Art Gallery is just 3 minutes’ walk from this inn, and the town’s University of Derby campus is around 10 minutes away. The Peak District town of Bakewell is within 20-minute drive.
- Rooms and toilet facilities have been upgraded to a high standard. Pub was a little tired but beer was good.Staff very friendly, breakfast excellent and accommodated our need for an early start.
- Great location in Buxton, good pubs and restaurants all walking distance.
- Some people may find the breakfast on the small side but we found it quite adequate, well cooked and presented.
- Friendly staff, great breakfast, great location in centre of town. Brand new rooms with Sky TV
- It had all the basic needs. Really liked that it was clean and modern. Sky TV with the movie channels was a plus.
No 6 The Square Tearooms & Accommodation
Featuring a restaurant, No 6 The Square Tearooms & Accommodation is located in Buxton and is a few steps from Buxton Opera House. Providing a terrace, the property is located within a 2-minute walk of The Octagon Theatre. Free WiFi is at guests’ disposal.At the hotel, the rooms include a closet, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. No 6 The Square Tearooms & Accommodation has some accommodations with garden views, and every room includes an electric tea pot.Guests at the accommodation can enjoy a à la carte breakfast.The nearest airport is Manchester Airport, 16 miles from No 6 The Square Tearooms & Accommodation.
- Great location, in the centre of Buxton, easy parking outside,3 for 24 hours, had breakfast in the tearooms, very good quality. Amazing apartment in a period property. would stay there again.
- Really friendly welcome and helpful. Quirky and cosy layout and lovely soft, comfy bed. All facilities as expected and great location. . We were lucky enough to have the shared lounge and grand piano to ourselves!!
- Absolutely brilliant, from the moment we walked through the door to the wistful departure, the staff were excellent, the room was magnificent and the location was perfect….
- The location of this property was very good, right in the middle of Buxton. The parking arrangement with the hotel next door worked well. The property was very spacious for two people.
- The flat was beautiful, very comfortable and in a good location
Looking for: Best Hotels in Dove Holes