Domaine de la Planche de Melussac
Located in Cussac-sur-Loire, 29 mi from Mars, Domaine de la Planche de Melussac provides a restaurant and free WiFi.The bed and breakfast offers a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, free toiletries and shower.A continental breakfast is available daily at Domaine de la Planche de Melussac.The accommodations offers a barbecue.After a day of hiking or skiing, guests can relax in the garden or in the shared lounge area.Le Puy en Velay is 7.5 mi from Domaine de la Planche de Melussac, while Bains is 14 mi away. The nearest airport is Saint-Étienne – Bouthéon, 62 mi from the bed and breakfast, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Renovated stonehouse farm lost in a valley along the river Loire, surrounded by meadows for the farms cows and horses.Comfortable, housemade charcuterie, super quiet country side.Dinner seems to be possible if requested in advance. We did not request it and kitchen was closed when we arrived in the evening with empty stomach. Still, the host was kind enough to prepare a snack from home made products which we highly appreciated.
- Interesting design and decor. Breakfast was usually served at 800, we had to leave early so the manager served us breakfast at 730. We were very grateful.
- Funky/alternative/artistic approach to a barn renovation, clean, warm, comfy.
- The old farm has been converted to a mix of 17th century and 21st century modern. Some interesting design features using steel and timber make an inspiring building. Lovely hosts go out of their way to make you comfortable. Great dinner and breakfast using local produce from the farm. Walk among the cows to the river and watch the pigs being fed are all part of the experience. Not a negative but you need a car to get to it and your GPS May take you the wrong way.
- Everything could not fault it. 5 stars without a doubt. Really quite quirky design but very well done indeed.
ibis Le Puy-en-Velay Centre
One of our best sellers in Le Puy-en-Velay! Located in the historical center of Le Puy-en-Velay, this ibis hotel offers a 24-hour reception, free Wi-Fi access and an on-site restaurant. Guest rooms are air-conditioned and include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.Rooms feature a view of the town or the surrounding mountains, and each has a private bathroom with a bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries.A buffet breakfast composed of sweet and savory dishes such as eggs, fruit salad, yogurts and juices is served every day. Pastries baked on site and fresh French Madeleine cakes are also on offer, as well as a hot beverage and a piece of fruit to take away. Outside of regular breakfast hours guests can also enjoy a lighter option, available from 04:00. You can also relax with a drink at the bar. Homemade meals are available at the on-site restaurant. Our chef Robert prepares traditional specialties from the Auvergne region with fresh products every day.The hotel provides free private parking on site. You will find a choice of shops and restaurants in the area, and Le Puy-en-Verlay Train Station is a 15-minute walk away.
- Staff all friendly, polite and helpful. Location is excellent. We valued the secure parking.
- The staff spoke English and but up with my poor French. Hotel way clean, modern and airy.
- In a quitter part of town, not town center. A great supermarket close by for next day hiking provisions. Also had an American hamburger, French style, for dinner, yum!
- Very close to the Cathedral and the post office. Very near the GR65 as we began our Camino walk
- Bed was excellent as was bathroom. Great having free car parking on site. Were very lucky to find a restaurant on a Saturday night close by
ibis Styles Le Puy en Velay
This ibis Styles Le Puy-en-Velay is in the center of Le Puy-en-Velay, in the Haute-Loire department. It offers soundproof rooms with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.A flat-screen TV with international channels is provided in each guest room. All of the rooms have a private bathroom including a hairdryer.A buffet breakfast is served daily and the ibis Styles Le Puy-en-Velay has a restaurant that serves regional cuisine.Guests are invited to relax in the lounge, which has a children’s play area. A computer is also available’ use.The hotel has a 24-hour front desk and private parking is available for an additional fee.
- Staff is just great. No other words. Helpful, friendly and kind. I wish other hotels I stayed at had the same understanding of hospitality. Un grand merci lquipe du IBIS Le Puy
- Air conditioning. Bath room. tv. Staff were nice, elevator, location.
- Very welcoming reception staff. We booked a family room and it was quite roomy and comfortable. Within walking distance to the beautiful city centre. We would definitely stay there again!
- It was the biggest room and bathroom we have ever had in an Ibis hotel, absolutely amazing.The bed was so comfortable, the best hotel bed I have slept in in a long time.Breakfast was adequate and wholesome.And for the first time in an Ibis Hotel that we have experienced, there were free tea and coffee making facilities by reception.The best of all, I got a call an hour after we checked out to say I had left my headphones in the bedroom. How honest and thoughtful of them! Definitely recommend this hotel.And there are so many good restaurants in the city centre, you would be spoilt for choice.
- Friendly staff, Location was very convenient to the old city. Excellent breakfast. Car park worked well. Our room had a nice view of the cathedral and statue of Notre Dame Mary and child.
La Demeure du Lac de Fugeres
Located in Le Puy-en-Velay, near Le Puy Cathedral, Centre Culturel et de Congrès Pierre Cardinal and Saint-Michel d’Aiguilhe Church, La Demeure du Lac de Fugeres features free WiFi.Some units have a patio and/or terrace.Guests at the bed and breakfast can enjoy a continental breakfast.Point of Start of Saint Jacques de Compostelle is 1.8 miles from La Demeure du Lac de Fugeres. The nearest airport is Saint-Étienne – Bouthéon Airport, 56 miles from the accommodation.
- Super location for walking around the old city. Very cool 15th century vibe in the place with modern art elements that blended beautifully. Very nice hosts with excellent English. Particularly appreciated a last minute change to a lower level room when the hosts noted our struggles with the circular staircase and baggage. Free parking a block away and good info on how to find it via booking.com email. WiFi good enough for streaming on lower courtyard level. Basic breakfast.
- Wonderful old 15th century building with loads of charm and character. Comfortable and clean in a terrific location very close to the cathedral. Our host was extremely welcoming and helpful.
- host was very helpful in getting us through the labyrinth of streets to the location just arriving is an adventure in itself
- Pierre is the consummate host, so kind and welcoming. It is like living in a castle to stay here! I wish to return one day.
- La Demeure du Lac de Fugeres was perfect for our stay in Le Puy! Our host was very very accommodating and gracious. The room was well equipped and the bathroom modern. I highly recommend this BB for a stay in Le Puy!
Hôtel Restaurant Le Regina
A 5-minute walk from Le Puy-en-Velay Train Station, Hôtel Restaurant Le Regina offers a restaurant, a buffet breakfast, and Wi-Fi is free of charge throughout the property.The rooms at Hôtel Restaurant Le Regina feature a flat-screen TV, electric kettle, and the private bathrooms are complete with a bath tub or a walk-in shower. Some of the rooms are air-conditioned.The buffet breakfast is available daily. The restaurant is open 7 days a week and serves traditional French cuisine prepared with fresh products.Fully-equipped seminar rooms are available upon request, and private parking is provided on site with a supplement.
No reviews yet.
Relais du Val Vert
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Relais du Val Vert offers pet-friendly accommodations in Le Puy en Velay, 2,300 feet from Point of Start of Saint Jacques de Compostelle. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Center Culturel et de Congrès Pierre Cardinal is 1.2 mi from Relais du Val Vert, while Le Puy Cathedral is 1.3 mi away. The nearest airport is Bouthéon Airport, 41 mi from Relais du Val Vert.
- Usual issues with finding the hotel maps/routes/tel.nos are essential. We got in late after 730pm when the reception normally goes off. Vincent waited over an hour for us to eventually find our way to the Hotel for which we were most grateful.
- Extra friendly staff and great food Nice old French hotel
- Excellent advice for our route de St Jacques experience.
- Great hotel. Excellent value for money and friendly service.
- Convenient for an overnight stayEasy to findGood breakfast Friendly staff
Hotel Chris’tel is located in the center of Le Puy-en-Velay and offers free on-site parking and free WiFi.Guest rooms at the Hotel Chris’tel are nonsmoking. They are equipped with an private bathroom and satellite TV. Most rooms have a balcony.Hotel Chris’tel serves a buffet breakfast daily. The bar and the lounge provide a place to relax. A vending machine is available at the reception.Hotel Chris’tel is not far from Le Puy Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The city is a starting point for the Way of St. James pilgrimage.
- Excellent hotel. Nice breakfast. Everything 1st class.
- Good value. Food at the in house restaurant was excellent. Parking was easy.
- Good location, close to the centre, but not limited n the very noisy centre. Convenient parking lot. Clean room. Very comfy bed. Nice staff.
- The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the town.We had a room with a balcony that was on the top floor and had a view.There is a lift and the beds are comfortable.The car park is small so arriving reasonably early would be a good idea if parking is important.Breakfast is fine, we ate dinner in the restaurant, it was reasonable and good value.
- Good reception. Restaurant excellent for dinner and breakfast also good. Convenient for walking into town. Parking available.
Hôtel La Diligence
Located 8.1 mi from Le Puy-en-Velay and 3.1 mi from Cascade de la Beaume, Hôtel La Diligence offers a regional restaurant, a terrace and rooms with a view of the Velay’s Mountains.The heated rooms at Hôtel La Diligence offer a flat-screen TV and a telephone. The private bathroom includes free toiletries and a hairdryer. Free Wi-Fi access is provided.A continental breakfast is available. Guests can also enjoy a glass of Verveine du Velay, a local drink available at the bar. Meals prepared with seasonal products from local farmers can be served on site.It is 7.5 mi from Lac du Bouchet and 8.3 mi from Puy-en-Velay Train Station. There is a free, private car park on site.
- A comfortable hotel with an excellent restaurant, personally supervised by the chef.
- Good size room, good car park, helpful with our late arrival.
- La propret, lamabilit des htes, lemplacement trs facile trouver, idal pour une tape routire, un parking intrieur scuris pour voiture mais aussi motos.
- Lhtel est trs bien situ pour une tape sur la RN88. Excellent rapport qualit/prix, chambres propres et spacieuses, petit djeuner simple mais copieux, chauffage et eau chaude impeccables.
- Trs bon rapport qualit prix.Petit djeuner copieux.Le restaurant vaut le coup,aussi, avec ses spcialits runionnaises.
ibis budget Le Puy En Velay
The ibis budget Le Puy En Velay is across from the train station in Le Puy en Velay, 650 feet from the historic center. It has a 24-hour front desk and free Wi-Fi is included in the air-conditioned rooms.Decorated in a modern style, the guest rooms all have a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, soundproofing and a desk. Free toiletries are provided in the private bathroom.A continental breakfast is prepared every morning at this hotel, and there are vending machines at the front desk.Notre Dame du Puy Cathedral is just under 1 miles from this hotel, as well as the Saint Laurent Church. Private parking is available on site for an additional charge.
- The amenities are spare but certainly adequate. There is a garage for 5 euros per night. Personnel are helpful. You can get a discount at 3 eating places including The Tavern at their related hotel several blocks away, and the food is good. I am glad to have tried out an IBIS hotel and will visit another one in the future.
- Located across from railroad station, a couple blocks from the old town. Perfect. They adapted the old Grand Hotel so the front looked like a luxury hotel from 1900. Staff was very helpful both in finding a restaurant a block away on Sunday evening when the town is nearly dead, and in seeing the big sights next day. They had good recommendations for parking without paying in the old town, uphill near the big sights, and it worked no ticket. Room was better than most Ibis hotels. Le Puy has a lot more to see than most tourist books indicate. We especially liked climbing that giant statue right up into the head! Also, there is an amazing museum about walking the Camino Santiago pilgrimage route, which goes thru Le Puy.
- I have stayed at many Ibis Budget hotels. This one is the best experience so far. Very helpful staff. Easy to find, parking facilities are good good for bikers especially secure off street garage 5 and book ahead well worth it.
- cleanliness, friendly, helpful desk staff, great info board near front desk calling attention withhelpful local map about places of tourist interest in town
- Hiking the Camino from LePuy. Arrived by train and Ibis is about 100 m from train gare. English speaking staff. Excellent breakfast to begin the day of hiking.
Les Apparts du Plot
One of our top picks in Le Puy-en-Velay. Offering city views, a restaurant and free WiFi, Les Apparts du Plot offers accommodations conveniently located in Le Puy en Velay, within a short distance of Le Puy Cathedral, Center Culturel et de Congrès Pierre Cardinal and Saint-Michel d’Aiguilhe Church.The apartment offers a seating area with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, free toiletries and bath. A fridge is also offered, as well as a kettle and a coffee machine.At Les apparts du plot guests are welcome to take advantage of a sauna.Hiking can be enjoyed nearby.Point of Start of Saint Jacques de Compostelle is 1.4 mi from the accommodations. The nearest airport is Saint-Étienne – Bouthéon Airport, 56 mi from Les Apparts du Plot.
- A fabulous location right in the middle of the town and close to all the amenities. The accommodation itself is superb clean, beautifully decorated in traditional style with everything you could need. We were on the forth floor the third and fifth floors look even better offering slightly different layouts and facilities open plan and a sauna on the fifth. The views of the market square and the sound and light show are wonderful. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it without hesitation.
- Great Location! Great staff! All you need for a short stay in Le Puy en velay
- Incredible location right in the centre. Park close by for a short while to drop bags and then move car to Place Michelet five minute walk and super cheap up to 48hrs. The apartment is lovely big lounge and bedroom, well decorated well stocked kitchen, art everywhere, comfy bed. Excellent WiFi too, which was an unexpected plus able to stream Netflix in hidef with no problem. The location above what seems to be the best restaurant in the town is a big bonus, but it is also ideally placed for the Madonna, cathedral etc. Overall it is a quirky, fun, spacious apartment in just a sensational location. Good communication on how to access the apartment from the owners meant we walked right in. Soundproofing is good with windows shut.
- The stylish mixture of ancient and modern decor, the central location and windows looking down to the street and interesting square below the separate little kitchen and living room the bathtub eccentrically installed in the bedroom. Also it was nice to have the restaurant on the ground floor. We were also lucky that the owner let us stay an extra night.
- The view wonderful. The bed very comfortable. The living room is chic with great furniture.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Cussac-sur-Loire