Best Western Claydon Hotel
This delightful hotel, located just off of the A14, is within easy driving distance of Ipswich town center.Rooms have free Wi-Fi, free mineral water, a TV and an private bathroom. The hotel is fully air conditioned. Family rooms are available, together with cots and highchairs if required.Most rooms offer delightful views over the village or the hotel’s large gardens.A frequently changing a la carte menu features fresh local produce and you can enjoy fine wines and liquors. A grab and go breakfast is currently available to guests.
- Very homely and the staff were excellent, always willing to please and help.
- Convenient for motorway friendly and very helpful staff
- The hotel the staff the NB hotel room an SSD breakfast 10.95 value for money
- Ive been here before a few times because the location is near family. On this is stay I was delighted with the newly decorated rooms and bathrooms. The staff are always friendly and its so quiet so you can always get a great nights sleep.
- The food is the best I have tasted. I would go back just for the food. Very rare its consistently good.
Novotel Ipswich Centre
One of our top picks in Ipswich. In the bustling center of Ipswich, Novotel Ipswich offers spacious rooms with large work desks and luxury rain showers.The stylish, modern rooms feature a 26-inch LCD TV and comfortable seating area, and all rooms have an private bathroom. Tea and coffee facilities and a wake-up service are also available.The Elements Restaurant serves an international menu, with vegetarian options also available. The open-plan bar serves lighter meals and beverages, and features a large-screen TV. The restaurant also offers unique TV Dining, where diners have their own private TV screen.Novotel Ipswich Center Hotel also offers on-site parking (for an additional fee) and first come, first served basis. There is a 24-hour front desk service.The central shopping area is just 5 minutes’ walk from The Novotel Ipswich, and Ipswich Football Club is just 2,150 feet away. The vibrant waterfront development can be reached in a 10-minute walk, and the coast at Felixstowe is just 20 minutes’ drive.
- The location was in easy walking distance of the town centre and amenities.the hotel staff were polite and friendly.
- We did not have breakfast this time but the hotel is always a pleasant place to stay. Novotel is always our first choice when we visit Ipswich.
- The friendliness of the staff .the way the hotel took care of its clients during the difficult times we are experiencing.
- The location was ideal, it was only a 5 minute walk to the town.
- Location very good, room immaculate, spacious. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Excellent COVID 19 restrictions in place Quiet We will be back.
Mermaid, Ipswich by Marston’s Inns
One of our top picks in Ipswich. Set in Ipswich, The Mermaid by Marston’s Inns features a garden and bar. The property is 1.2 mi from IP-City Center – Conference Venue and 2,300 feet away from Portman Road. Ipswich Institute is 0.8 mi away and University Campus Suffolk is 1.3 mi from the hotel.The units are equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a kettle, a bath, free toiletries and a desk. Rooms include a private bathroom. All rooms at the hotel come with a seating area.A continental, Full English/Irish or American breakfast can be enjoyed at the property. At The Mermaid by Marston’s Inns you will find a restaurant serving British cuisine.The accommodations offers a children’s playground. The Ipswich Hospital is 2.7 mi from The Mermaid by Marston’s Inns. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 39 mi from the property.
- It was all basic and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent, perfect for families.
- Able to chose hot breakfast and price varied so this was a plus as I only wanted a regular breakfast. Elsewhere you are offered buffet for much higher price. Room was very spacious, bathroom great. Good facilities. Biscuits in room with tea. All great
- Very friendly staff. Super easy check in. The room was larger than your average hotel room. Very clean. Although next to main road, it was very quiet at night with no disturbances. The 6.95p breakfast was very good value, we had both a meat and a veggie option and they were both fine. The endless tea and coffee was very welcome. Hotel well placed to get to all parts of Ipswich. The adjacent linked bar was clean, with very friendly staff and a great choice of food and drinks.
- The Mermaid has a lot of good points. Great location, free parking, free wifi, good sized room, comfortable bed, excellent standard of cleanliness, pleasant staff, good breakfast and decent evening meals available in the pub. Good value for money.
- Large quiet spacious room with comfy bed, lovely towels and everything you need for a good nights sleep
Penta Hotel Ipswich
One of our best sellers in Ipswich! Located just outside Ipswich center, this hotel is a 5-minute walk from Ipswich Railway Station. The pentahotel Ipswich has a fitness center, pentalounge and free WiFi throughout.Each spacious room at pentahotel Ipswich has an en-suite power shower and free pinchable toiletries, a flat-screen TV with free pay-per-view movies and BT sports, an air-cooling system and a desk.The elegant pentalounge serves snacks, light meals and cocktails with a 24hr bar, and features a Sony Playstation and an American pool table.The pentahotel Ipswich is a 10-minute walk from Ipswich Town Football Club and the A12 and A14 roads can be reached in a 5-minute drive.
- decor was great. Staff really helpful and enthusiastic. Shower was great. Was super clean
- Very trendy, nice staff, excellent steak, if a bit expensive
- Rooms were basic but comfortable, the food was good and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location is ideal for a quick getaway in the morning and it was quiet, I will definitely be back.
- The hotel facilities and those in the room were good, although I found the bed hard and uncomfortable. The location was excellent for my requirements. The onsite car parking was very useful, but expensive at 8 per day.
- The hotel is very modern and the bar area was lovely for relaxing and chilling after a long journey. The room was welcoming and clean. The beds were very comfy. I would definitely stay here again.
The Railway Inn Westerfield
Featuring a restaurant, bar, garden and free WiFi, The Railway Inn Westerfield is located in Ipswich, 3.2 miles from IP-City Centre – Conference Venue and 1.8 miles from Ipswich Institute.At the inn, rooms contain a closet, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. The Railway Inn Westerfield has certain accommodations with garden views, and each room comes with an electric tea pot.University Campus Suffolk is 2.2 miles from the accommodation, while Portman Road is 2.3 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 50 miles from The Railway Inn Westerfield.
- Everything a pub stay should be, warm welcome, good facilities and great value
- The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The food in the restaurant was fantastic. COVID measures made me feel comfortable and safe.
- Great staff All happy to help nothing too much trouble. Good continental breakfast was included. Bottled Water in room. Comfortable and dinners were really good. Will stay again soon.
- Super friendly staff and felt like they were adhering to the Covid 19 advice which made us feel more relaxed, located near many places of outstanding beauty, we went to two Sutton Hoo Dunwich beach heath both National Trust, pre booked as you currently cant just turn up. Also you are near Kyson Hill and Woodbridge. Nice walks by river Pub food was great and they were running a EOHO scheme, they fitted us in both nights as we were guests and hadnt booked they were fully booked for food .
- location good. Cooked breakfast not available early but room continental breakfast good. Staff very good, friendly and helpful. Some of the food was very good especially liked the fish sharer for starter. One night the first choice salmon was sold out but the replacement cod was very good.
Holiday Inn Ipswich
Located 10-minutes from Ipswich city center, 1.8 mi from Portman Road, Holiday Inn Ipswich features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The hotel offers bedrooms with air conditioning, mini-bars and a TV.Facilities within the hotel include an indoor swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room and gym. There is a 24-hour front desk at the property. A full service restaurant, bar and lounge, and 4 meeting rooms are also available.Holiday Inn Ipswich is easily accessible from the A12 and A14, University Campus Suffolk is 2.6 mi from Holiday Inn Ipswich, while The Ipswich Hospital is 4.3 mi from the property. London Stansted Airport is 37 mi away.
- Breakfast was exceptional…. A huge range of foods with something for everyone!!Nice comfy room, polite and friendly staff
- Went to Ed Sheeran concert booked in quickly, room clean , breakfast was excellent would definitely book again
- We chose this hotel because we attended a concert at Chantry Park and wanted to walk there and back, which was very handy it takes about 20 minutes to get there. The hotel itself is modern, I liked the caf/restaurant/bar where we spent some time waiting for the room to be ready. Staff were friendly, the room was clean, and breakfast was the best Ive seen in a while. Good quality for a Holiday Inn.
- It was quiet,room temperature was perfect and the bed was comfy.
- The bed was comfy and I love having a quilt rather than a top sheet and blanket. Ive even figured out the shower which in many hotels is the most frustrating thing to do.
Seckford Hall Hotel & Spa; BW Premier Collection
Located among green gardens and fine trees, Seckford Hall Hotel & Restaurant offers pet-friendly accommodations in the heart of Woodbridge. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar and free WiFi throughout.All rooms are fitted with a TV and certain rooms include a seating area for your convenience. Every room comes with a private bathroom offering free toiletries and a hairdryer.The hotel’s 1530 restaurant offers fresh food with many of the herbs, fruits and vegetables grown in their own garden. The Seckford Spa offers an array of spa and beauty facilities, an indoor swimming pool and a gym. The café at Seckford Spa serves coffee, light lunches and afternoon tea.An array of activities are offered in the area, such as golfing and fishing. Burgh is 3.1 mi from Seckford Hall Hotel, while Sutton Hoo is 2.2 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Norwich International Airport, 40 mi from Seckford Hall Hotel & Restaurant.
- The cream tea was amazing. I love the Tudor period so loved the building itself. The gardens and hotel are special.
- We had the lodge for our stay and it was beautiful. Away from the main hotel but was so peaceful and we felt very relaxed. The food was great also!
- From the moment with arrived, we were made very welcome, we had just been badly let down by the hotel where we had booked to stay, after telling the staff at Seckford about our bad experience, they made no fuss we were upgraded, and felt the staff really wanted us to just have a great time, customer service here was outstanding throughout our stay. Would like to thank Noira, Sharon, Matt the bar man, in fact all the staff for making our stay superb. Our room, the Tudor room was wonderful, well furnished with four poster bed, breakfast had a great selection, fruits plus cooked, and dinner was most enjoyable. I was very cautious about staying at a hotel with the coronavirus, but felt very safe here.
- The room was perfectly adequate it had all that we needed and a very comfy bed.The food in the restaurant was lovely very enjoyable and the Full Seckford breakfast was smashing.A really lovely venue and we would be more than happy to visit again.Covid19 adaptations were very good, everything felt safe and clean. Sanitiser dispensers were everywhere where they were needed.
- The room and bathroom were super clean and smelt lovely the cleaning team should be congratulated! The bed was really comfortable too. The breakfast was one of the best Ive had at a hotel and the evening meals were great too apart from the steak. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. I would certainly return here.
Best Western Brook Hotel
Located in the coastal port town of Felixstowe, 32 mi from Harwich, Best Western Brook Hotel offers an à la carte restaurant and a bar. With free onsite parking, it is just half a mile from Felixstowe Railway Station and a few minutes’ walk from the town center and the beach.The independent hotel offers rooms with attached bathroom with tea/coffee making facilities, a trouser press, a telephone, and a flat-screen Freeview TV. A range of specially selected toiletries is included in each room. Some rooms feature a spa bath and a separate walk-in shower.Best Western Brook Hotel has an air-conditioned restaurant, a carvery, and a bar with Sky TV and a snack menu. The restaurant offers tasty food, with a carvery offering a choice of cooked meats and traditional vegetables with all the trimmings. There is also a lounge and patio area.Best Western Brook Hotel is ideal for exploring the Suffolk countryside and the neighboring towns of Woodbridge, Dedham, Flatford, and the Essex villages. The property also offers conference and event facilities. Ipswich is 11 mi from the hotel.
- The staff were amazing I felt so welcome at reception and in the restaurant. It really made a difference and would encourage me to stay again.The breakfast really amazing.I had dinner there and it was amazing value for money.
- Mark and his staff were exemplary, nothing was too much trouble.All the proper arrangements for covid were in place so we felt safe.Breakfasts were good each day and we had 2 excellent evening meals.Would recommend it for a relaxing weekend or staycation
- We attended for the evening portion of a wedding celebration. It was a lovely evening with very attentive friendly bar staff.The location so near the beach front was superb and I can imagine this being very enjoyable in the summer.
- Nice helpful friendly staff, lovely large room clean and tidy
- After a hard day on the feet I enjoyed a relaxing bath with plenty of hot water, rooms big enough for my needs and the staff were chatty and friendly
The White Horse Hotel
Good-value rooms with attached bathroom and tasty food are available at The White Horse. The hotel dates back to the 17th century and is located on the A140 near Eye.The delightful inn has comfortable motel-style rooms with free Wi-Fi and Freeview TV. Rooms are in a separate annex in the inn’s grounds.The White Horse Hotel is located midway between Ipswich and Norwich, and offers welcoming hospitality to travelers, as it has done for many years. Food is served in the restaurant and bar all day.
- We stayed four nights. The hotel is well placed for visiting Suffolk and East Anglia. The room was very comfortable, as was the bed. We ate our evening meal here and the food was good and excellent value for money. Being a pubcumhotel, it was possible to sit in the bar/restaurant to relax, read a book and have a drink. The staff were attentive, helpful and friendly.
- The shower and bathroom were amazing. The food at the pub was amazing. It was a great stay
- Bed was very firm but not uncomfortableStaff were of a high standard and nothing was too much troubleOverall was of a high standard and very friendly, rooms were wonderfully warm
- Excellent bed, fantastic shower, very clean, big parking lot, nice restaurant in the hotel
- Rooms up to standard of a more expensive hotel. Moveable mirror on dressing table great for close up when putting on makeup. Room warm much appreciated as weather had turned cold. Dinner good choice and breakfast fabulous, hot and well cooked with plenty of choice.
Salthouse Harbour Hotel
One of our top picks in Ipswich. This stylish old dockland building is at Neptune Marina, on Ipswich’s waterfront. The modern redesign includes a collection of art. There is free parking, free Wi-Fi and a boutique restaurant.All rooms at Salthouse have 32-inch TVs and luxury toiletries. Some feature works of art, copper baths, balconies or harbor views.Eaterie is the hotel’s restaurant, filled with paintings and sculptures. Modern and Mediterranean meals are served, with 80% of the ingredients from local sources. Guests can dine in the courtyard with a view of the harbor.In 2009, Salthouse Harbor Hotel was included in the “Top 5 Bests Stays for the Year – Mystery Guest Awards” by The Times newspaper.
- Lovely outlook on the marina. Staff very friendly and food very good.
- Perfectly located at the pretty Ipswich harbour. Very comfortable boutique hotel with luxurious super king bed and great amenities. Easy location for exploring Southwold, Aldeburgh and Felixstowe. Food and service were both excellent. Easy to put on a few stone with their amazing hot breakfasts. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely stay there again.
- Excellent room and additional beds for the kids. Great harbour view of the marina. Fantastic restaurant. Awesome location. Attentive staff.
- A very comfortable, well located hotel. We didnt eat in the restaurant but only because it was fully booked.
- I have stayed before and wanted to return. Breakfast was excellent. Location perfect would be hard to beat.Staff excellent a relaxed and very pleasant place to stay.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Coddenham