Mercure Thame Lambert Hotel
This beautifully renovated inn has comfy, modern rooms with air conditioning. The Mercure Thame Lambert Hotel is near junction 6 of the M40, on the borders of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.The restaurant offers freshly-prepared and carefully sourced produce, served in relaxed surroundings. All rooms have plasma TV screens and internet access. On-site parking is available.In the mornings, Mercure Thame Lambert Hotel serves a full English breakfast.Mercure Thame Lambert Hotel is ideal for visiting Oxfordshire and the towns and villages in the Thames Valley.
- Great location for us, fantastic comfy bed and the staff were great.
- Lovely old original building. Liked the pictures on the wall.
- Nice rooms, good location. Perfect for local party.
- Staff were very good, suggesting that we take our dogs to breakfast with us especially helpful as we were traveling with a three month old puppy.
- Very pleasant stay. Extremely convenient to M40, and a useful base for exploring the Chilterns. Food was great.
The Peacock Country Inn
At the foot of the beautiful Chilterns in picturesque Henton, The Peacock offers stylish rooms with free Wi-Fi. With free private parking, there is also a traditional restaurant and spacious terrace.The large and airy rooms are elegantly decorated with modern art and natural colors, some with scenic views of Bledlow Ridge. All rooms offer tea and coffee facilities, a modern private bathroom and a spacious work desk.The Peacock Restaurant features exposed beams and an open log fire, and serves a classic British menu with European influences. The cozy bar area boasts traditional character and period features, and offers a selection of beverages and snacks.The family-run, country pub is just a 30-minute train ride from Wembley, and less than an hour from central London. Oxford is 30 minutes’ drive away, while The Phoenix Trail, Ridgeway Walk and Risborough Railway are all within 10 minutes of The Peacock.
- Peacock Inn was everything we could have wished for Welcoming and friendly staff, lovely, freshly decorated rooms my wife and I had a nice view of the Chilterns and meals were great. Quiet location with lovely walks possible straight from the inn. Ideal place to stay for my wifes 60th birthday. Fantastic!
- Great location for a visit to the chilterns. Set amongst green pastures at the end of a lane. Wonderful warm welcome from Martin the owner who showed us too the room on arrival, explained all the covid procedures, was there for the 3 delicious hot breakfasts and two generously portioned and tasty dinners. The room was very comfortable and the parking was secure with cameras overlooking the car park. Lots of country walks through fields and on bridleways and footpaths. Will definitely be returning.
- Staff were very welcoming to us after our 50 miles bike ride , and we were all finding our way after lockdown but we felt comfortable and relaxed.
- Our room no 14 appeared to be newly refurbished. It was ground floor, with patio doors out on to a grassed area and fields beyond full of buttercups. Lots of young blackbirds, as the owner has put up nesting boxes all around the property. We had dinner and breakfast here, and both meals were excellent.
- The staff were great, and the bed comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. It is a nice rural setting
The Inn at Emmington
Boasting spectacular views over The Chilterns, this traditional countryside Inn features 7 rooms with attached bathroom and wonderful home-cooked food, complemented by a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, in the delightful village of Sydenham, located between Chinnor and Thame.The restaurant serves British cuisine, cooked to order, alongside a fine selection of real ales, beer and wine.The surroundings provide the perfect venue for walking, horse-riding and cycling. If you venture further, you can enjoy the historic University City of Oxford or a day’s shopping at the Bicester Outlet Village. There are also a number of golf courses nearby.
- Keeping the resident Border Collie dog entertained in the rear garden with his ball. Car parking is very convenient and the accommodation wing is separate from the bar / dining area which I liked. The food was very tasty to.
- Clean easy parking decent breakfast good beer friendly dog.
- Quiet and very nice service. Very accommodating. Great hosts.
- Friendly, cozy, lovely food and ideal location for my stay
- Cosy. Homely. Great food. Dave was a great host. Informative cooked a great breakfast too.
Offering a restaurant, Englands Rose is located in Thame. Free WiFi access is available.Each room here will provide you with an private bathroom, a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities.At Englands Rose you will find a garden and a bar. The property offers free parking.The inn is 3.8 mi from Oxfordshire Golf Club. London Heathrow Airport is 27 mi away.
- The staff were so incredibly welcoming and friendly. Room was very comfortable and incredible value for money. Would 100 stay there again
- The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Our beds and linens were comfortable. The large property had a nice garden to sit in and we were able to use the lines to hang some hand washing. We had dinner there both nights and it was not only presented beautifully, it was delicious. Breakfast choices were flexible and also delicious.
- Sheila the owner could not have been more hospitable and Bob ,her employee was amazing Not only did he could a great breakfast , he shared many delightful stories and made us feel like we had been there many times Would recommend this Inn highly
- Lovely friendly staff, very welcoming . The dining room was very quaint with lovely china. The bed was comfortable and cosy.Great food, would definitely stay again.
- Such a Quirky place to stay!! Landlady was super friendly, made you feel so welcome! The pub food was great my room was immaculately clean!! Would be a great place to stay with family friends!
The Old Red Lion
Set in Tetsworth. The Old Red Lion has a terrace, bar and free WiFi. All rooms have a Juliet balcony.All guest rooms in the inn are equipped with a flat-screen TV. The units will provide guests with a wardrobe and a kettle.The Old Red Lion offers a Full English/Irish or vegetarian breakfast.Oxford is 11 mi from The Old Red Lion, while Milton Keynes is 25 mi from the property. The nearest airport is London Heathrow Airport, 29 mi from the property.
- Lovely friendly staff and good breakfast Comfy bed and good quality shower
- Fully English breakfast selection with generous portions. The inn keeper was welcoming and friendly.
- The breakfast was great with fast friendly service. Great location
- Friendly staff, inviting bedroom, clean property. Breakfast was delicious and very filling.
- The staff were very friendly, and despite the fact that my children are somewhat picky eaters, the server went out of her way to satisfy their needs. The food was good, and quite English. The inn was directly opposite a nice park, and we had a great time playing on the swings, slides and climbing frames therein.
The Spread Eagle Hotel
One of our top picks in Thame. Since the 16th century, The Spread Eagle has hosted historic guests such as King Charles II and the writer Evelyn Waugh. Today it offers a warm welcome, excellent food and free Wi-Fi.The Spread Eagle is in the heart of historic Thame, famous for its 1-mile-long (1 mi) Main Street. With a rich history, the hotel’s guests have included royalty, famous politicians, writers and even French prisoners from the Napoleonic wars.The Spread Eagle was made famous by the unusual John Fothergill, who owned the hotel in the 1920s. He wrote about this in the popular book, “An Innkeepers Diary”.Fothergill believed in the highest standards of food and service – this tradition continues in The Spread Eagle’s Eden Bar and Grill. A fresh new English menu is served, including a reassuring ‘comfort cooking’ section.The fantastic city of Oxford is within easy reach, along with the historic town of Aylesbury. For shopping addicts, Bicester Outlet Village is only minutes away.
- room adequate for 1 person,breakfast ok,as was having cooked breakfast at golf club,bed comfy as receptionist said new mattress fitted that day.fitting in bathroom could do with renewing as bit old fashionedbrass coloured and extractor fan didnt sound like it was working. location for what i required was perfect only 10 mins from oxfordshire golf course
- Breakfast staff were stressed and very short staffed nothing was fill Buffe empty Over 40 Minutes for omelette and toast.ok
- French doors on to the garden made the room feel airy and light.
- Breakfast was great, great customer service, lovely room really comfortable bed which was huge!
- The location was excellent. The staff very friendly. Felt very safe and comfortable. The breakfast was good and very well organised
The Oxfordshire Hotel & Spa
With a beautiful golf course, luxury spa and stylish modern rooms, The Oxfordshire is just 20 minutes’ drive from Oxford center. Free parking and free Wi-Fi are also available.The spacious rooms are elegantly furnished with luxury fabrics, and each has an private bathroom with luxury designer toiletries. Rooms also offer a flat-screen TV, private balcony and air conditioning.Tempus Health and Fitness Center features a swimming pool, sauna, hot tub and treatment rooms, and there is also a modern gym. The championship golf course has 18 holes, designed in American parkland style.Signature Restaurant serves a varied menu and world wine list overlooking the golf course. There is also a stylish lounge bar, offering a range of beverages and snacks, and a further Clubhouse Bar with an ample terrace.Located in scenic Oxfordshire, central London can be reached in just 40 minutes’ drive. Thame is a 10-minute drive away, and historical Aylesbury can be reached in 20 minutes.
- Myself and my partner would like to stay not close to the city and chose this hotel. The ambience of the hotel is very nice and we stayed in quite a decent room. We had a walk through the golf course after the dinner and the breakfast was good.
- room was a nice size with very clean bathroom, staff were friendly. It had very nice clean facilities.
- We stayed in a suite which was a great size, modern and beautiful. A few stains from previous guests and damage to furniture but thats irresponsible guests and not the hotels fault. They had the decorators in to sort this as we left.
- Location was great and local town of Thame was very nice. Golf course was magnificent, excellent condition and one of the best Ive played this year.
- Size and quality of room. Room was very clean. Spa treatments were excellent staff know their stuff and made us very welcome.
This former 17th-century traveler’s inn offers elegant rooms in the village of Stokenchurch, between London and Oxford. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi and free parking on site.Each room at Kings Hotel has an Italian marble bathroom, with high-quality toiletries. Each room also has a flat-screen plasma TV with satellite channels.Kings Restaurant offers a changing menu made with local produce, and full English or continental breakfasts are available in the morning. The bar serves snacks and drinks, and shows live sports on TV.Just off exit 5 of highway M40, Kings Hotel offers easy access to central London, less than a one hour drive away. The historic city of Oxford can be reached in 30 minutes by car.
- It was near where we wanted to be Breakfast was lovely
- Everything was top notch, lovely helpful staff , free parking
- It is a convenient hotel we have used several times as we have family close by. It is a quirky old hotel with lots of character. The staff are always polite professional which makes the stay pleasant enjoyable. The complimentary tea coffee in the rooms is always nice in the evening ….
- Staff very friendly and helpful. Room small but comfortable. Excellent value for money.
- Breakfast was good and the rib eye steak was beautiful,the room was comfortable and the bed was comfortable
DoubleTree by Hilton Oxford Belfry
Located within 17 acres of countryside, DoubleTree by Hilton Oxford Belfry is 8 miles from the historic center of Oxford. Located just off the M40, there is a spa and swimming pool for guests to use.Rooms at the hotel are set around 2 courtyards with flower borders and a sparkling fountain. They feature free WiFi, a bath and shower, and 24-hour room service.The spa facilities include a heated indoor pool, a sauna and a range of pampering treatments. There are tennis courts to enjoy, and there is also a gym for guests to use.The Rycote Restaurant uses local ingredients in dishes like braised blade of beef and Oxfordshire venison. The Terrace Bar offers a bistro-style environment and serves drinks and light snacks all day.Blenheim Palace is a 30-minute drive away, and the Waterstock and The Oxfordshire Golf Courses are both nearby. The hotel has free parking on site, and the M40 provides access to London.
- The staff were lovely and the hotel very clean and comfy. The breakfast was great and lots of variety! We really enjoyed our stay!
- Staff were helpful throughout. Facilities very good.
- Good location excellent breakfast plenty of selection large bathroom small room, a little disappointing and no air con so quite warm
- Breakfast was particularly good. Prefer plates for evening meal not furniture!!!
- The rooms were very spacious. bed was comfortable and the room itself had everything inside. I had no reason to call room service for anything. bathroom facilities were also very clean and spacious. TV had everything built in from Bluetooth, to smart applications.
The Mole and Chicken
Located in Thame, The Mole and Chicken has a restaurant, bar, garden, and free WiFi. Featuring family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.All rooms at the hotel come with a seating area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a shower. All guest rooms will provide guests with a desk and a coffee machine.A Full English/Irish breakfast is available every morning at The Mole and Chicken.Guests at the accommodation will be able to enjoy activities in and around Thame, like cycling.Oxford is 16 miles from The Mole and Chicken, while Reading is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Luton Airport, 42 miles from the hotel.
- Good location. Very comfortable room. Great view/patio. Excellent food.
- Great location, friendly staff, good breakfast. The terrace area for food and drinks has great views. Good size shower and bathroom.
- Lovely place to stay and such great service thanks
- The welcome we got when we arrived and the staff were very attentive
- Great views! Parking easy and close by. Food was superb!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Chinnor