La Vista Akangawa
La Vista Akangawa is located in Akankohan and features a bar. This 5-star hotel offers luggage storage space. The property has a 24-hour front desk, a shuttle service, room service and free WiFi.The rooms at the hotel have air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, Blu-ray player, and a private bathroom with a bidet, a hairdryer and free toiletries. The rooms include a safety deposit box, while some rooms contain a terrace and others also feature river views. All rooms feature a desk.Guests at La Vista Akangawa can enjoy an Asian breakfast.The accommodation offers a hot spring bath.The nearest airport is Kushiro Airport, 32 miles from La Vista Akangawa.
- The private onsen is great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room with the river view is amazing.
- The river view room is probably the best hotel room weve ever had. Beautiful design, amazing views. Just a fantastic place to stay.
- Room and facilities were amazing. Absolutely beautiful. From our room we saw deer, cranes and a jumping trout!
- The location is excellent for a stay of quietness. The facilities room, view, spa, shuttle bus etc. are also excellent. We appreciated specially the food which was of great variety and quality and made with a lot of heart. The hotel organized the Bingo and nice presents to celebrate the new year, which is very kind and lovely. In sum, we loved the entire stay and wish to return in the future.
- Lovely hotel lobby that looks like a huge log cabin. Spacious and beautiful outdoor onsen overlooking the river, and nice smaller onsens that can be reserved to be enjoyed by guests who wish to share the experience with their family/friends only. Nice restaurant with huge windows overlooking the same river. Kaiseki dinner was delicious and full of fresh seafood and local produce. Thoughtful gesture of offering popsicles to guests at night.
Akan Yuku no Sato Tsuruga
Set on the shores of Lake Akan, Akan Yuku no Sato Tsuruga offers beautiful hot-spring baths and a variety of shops and restaurants. The spacious Japanese rooms feature tatami (woven-straw) flooring.A range of rooms are available at Akan Yuku no Sato Tsuruga. Guests can choose Western beds or Japanese futons, and rooms with a private hot-spring bath are offered. All rooms include a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with bathtub.Just 500 feet from Ainu Kotan Folk Village, the hotel is a 10-minute walk from Akandake-Jinja Shrine. The property is an 80-minute bus ride from Kushiro Airport.Guests can relax in the hot tub or sauna, or unwind with a massage. A tour desk and karaoke rooms are on offer. Free-use internet terminals are provided.Tenga Restaurant offers Western, Japanese and Chinese cuisines. Keraan serves local specialties, and Kitarikyu has a Japanese menu. The hotel also has a ramen noodle shop, cafe and bar. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- Great location. Fantastic buffet dinner and breakfast. Normally I dont like buffet style dinners, but this was extremely good. Very well presented, good quality and a lot of variety Japanese, Chinese, European section. Hotel is in nice town with lot of tourist shops, along the lake. Hotel has really good onsen, outside in garden, also onsen on rooftop outside.
- Buffet meals were delicious! The lake view is really nice. The staff were extremely courteous and nice. Our tatami room was in the Rera Wing, which had a nice foot hot spring. The rooms had everything we needed.
- Every thing was worth, except the receptionists who were cold, giving you feeling you were not welcoming. The bar was amazing! Especially the music made by Paraguayan harp, I would not be forgettable. The staffs at the bar were kind and lovely. They would be winning to talk to you if you are alone.
- Amazing hotel! The onsen area is gorgeous! Loved the buffet both at breakfast and dinner. Comfortable and spacious room we stayed in tatami style room. Staff was nice and helpful.
- This was my second stay at this property, so there were no surprises except that this time was during Covid season, so I was heartened to find that the hotel took so many sensible precautions to guard against viral infection food buffet areas required masks and plastic gloves, for example. The bath complexes on the ground floor and the rooftop are, in a word, amazing. And the GoTo Travel campaign made our stay there more affordable than the first visit here I made five years ago.
Lake Akan Tsuruga Wings
Located right next to the beautiful Lake Akan, Tsuruga Wings features natural hot spring baths and various restaurants on site. Akanko Ainukotan, where guests can experience traditional indigenous culture in Hokkaido, is just a 2-minute walk away. Free WiFi is available at the lobby.Fitted with tatami (woven-straw) flooring and traditional futon bedding, each room comes with a flat-screen TV, a fridge and a telephone. An electric kettle and a coffee machine are also included in the room. Rooms feature views of mountains or the lake.While staying at Lake Akan Tsuruga Wings, guests can unwind in the public bathing area separated by gender featuring indoor/outdoor hot spring baths and saunas. A gift shop and karaoke facilities are available on site. Many indigenous or local artworks are on display at the gallery on the ground floor.The hotel is a 60-minute drive or an 80-minute bus ride from Kushiro Airport. Lake Akan Ski Resort is located just a 5-minute drive away. Marimo Mossball Exhibition Center is a 10-minute walk from the property. Free seasonal shuttle services are available to/from some train stations.Hokkaido Buffet Hapo offers hearty buffets featuring live open kitchen and fresh local ingredients. Lavish buffets at Main Dining Tenga include all-you-can-eat sushi and other international dishes. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- 4 choices of onsen, great view from dining restaurant
- The hotel is amazing, the lake view from the room is absolutely stunning and the room itself is beautiful and welcoming. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and nice with very good English, they had a lot of information about the activities around the lake, and you can buy tickets at the front desk for example for the Ainu theater, the hotel is in a great location really close to the pier for the lake cruise, and the Ainu kotan, a Lawson is in front of the hotel. The onsen bath was great, and in general the hotel was very clean. As for the food, Im drooling just by reminiscing about it, both the dinner and breakfast buffet were superb, top quality food with huge selection, Japanese and western.
- Beautiful onsens, comfortable room and wide range of food at dinner and breakfast
- Great hotel and restaurant. Magnificent lake view hot spring
- Great hotel. Location with nice lakeview but a pity we couldnt get the window seats for breakfast. Wide selection of food.
Located at the shore of Lake Akan, Hotel Gozensui offers Japanese-style rooms with amazing lake or mountain views. The hotel features public natural hot spring baths and free WiFi.Rooms come with tatami-mat (woven straw) flooring, futon bedding and an private bathroom. They are equipped with a TV, a refrigerator and an electric kettle.Guests at Gozensui Hotel can relax in the spacious indoor and open-air public bath, or have fun in the game corner. The hotel has a souvenir shop.Hotel Gozensui is just a 5-minute walk from folk village Ainu Kotan. It is a 20-minute walk from the Akanko Eco Museum Center.No meals are served. Nonsmoking rooms cannot be prepared. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- Excellent view of Lake Akan and Mt. Oakan, nice onsen in the basement as well. Very close to Ainu Kotan and restaurants closeby.
- Location was excellent, right next to Lake Akan with our room having a lake view. Free soft serve and coffee was an excellent bonus, and the staff were very friendly. Rooms were traditional futon and clean and there was an amazing included onsen.
- Tatami room for a family of four. Room facing lake. Every thing is available in the room. Complimentary cookies, ice cream coffee.
- Good location, great value of money conpared to around, free icecream
- Very friendly staff, initially some trouble with the room, but got resolved in the end.Dinner was great, breakfast is ok.Surroundings of hotel are very pretty, it is a bit far from other restaurants or facilities.
Akan Tsuruga Besso Hinanoza
Tsuruga Besso Hinanoza offers a luxurious Japanese hot-spring experience on the shores of Lake Akan. The spacious rooms include a private open-air bath, a living area with sofa, free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV.Rooms at Akan Tsuruga Besso Hinanoza mix traditional design with modern facilities, featuring tatami (woven-straw) flooring and shoji paper screens but also a DVD player and full Western bathroom.Akandake-jinja Shrine is just 500 feet from the hotel, and Ainu Kotan Folk Village is 2,450 feet away. Kushiro Airport is an 80-minute bus ride from the property.Guests remove their shoes at the entrance, and use a kimono and Japanese socks within the hotel. The hotel has a quiet “listening room” for musical enjoyment and a relaxed library. Two free-use internet terminals are provided.A Japanese breakfast and multi-course kaiseki dinner are served at the restaurant. The Bar pours drinks at a long counter made from a single tree. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- I love the hospitality, the food, the location, and the surrounding beauty of this resort.
- The room is large and comfortable. The meals are fantastic. I stay for 2 nights and the dinner menu are not the same. You can taste sake/alcoholic drink of your choice. It is really great that fresh bottle milk is available in public hot spring area. They will park for you if you drive. Overall, Excellent service and location.
- Staff and hospitality were exceptional, Did everything to make our stay an amazing experience.Dinner and breakfast were amazing our requests were answered above all expectations.The room was incredibly luxurious and the private bath was large and relaxing.
- Everything! Very big room, comfortable futon bed, delicious and beautiful kaiseki meals, private onsen, massage chair and outstanding staff.
- Amazing views of the lake. Wonderful service everywhere
Akan No Mori Tsuruga Resort Hanayuuka
One of our best sellers in Akankohan! Located by the banks of peaceful Akan Lake, Tsuruga Resort features free WiFi, natural hot springs, a spa and a library. Parking is offered at a charge. The accommodations provides Japanese and Western-style rooms.Featuring scenic lake views, rooms come with cozy seating areas by oversize windows. They are fitted with a flat-screen TV, a bathtub and coffee maker.Guests can enjoy a leisurely stroll around Akan Lake or browse the in-house art gallery. The spa provides relaxing massages and sauna facilities.Hearty buffets featuring local Hokkaido ingredients can be enjoyed at Harmony restaurant.Akan No Mori Tsuruga Resort Hanayuuka is an 80-minute bus ride from Kushiro Airport. A reserved airport shuttle bus is available between Memanbetsu Airport and Kushiro Airport and the hotel during August and March. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- Quite dated facilities in some parts, but the rooms were clean and tidy, wifi and location good and food nice!
- Food was mediocre. Hotel a little run down. Staff friendly. I booked a triple for 279 but they charged extra for the third person of 118 that I was not expecting. Booking.com should understand pricing in Japan for transparency. Staff was very friendly and courteous although English limited. Onsens at sister hotels were lovely and we were able to use them free of charge at any of their hotels.
- Location next to the lake and valuables for price which includes buffet dinner and breakfast.
- Was told that there were some fireworks every night for the whole of March 2019. We booked the rooms facing Lake Akan and was able to see the firework without having to leave our rooms.
- Wonderful Vegetarian food cooked by Nofuji, who went out of his way to make our stay very enjoyable.
Hotel Akankoso features indoor and outdoor hot springs, karaoke facilities and a garden. Other facilities include a sauna, a bar and a souvenir shop, while the lobby offers free WiFi and massage treatments are available. Free parking is on-site.Elegant rooms feature a Japanese-style seating area with a tatami (woven-straw) floor and low furniture. All rooms have an LCD TV, a fridge and an attached bathroom. Some rooms have traditional futon bedding, while others are fitted with beds.Akankoso Hotel offers a 24-hour reception and safety deposit of valuables. Guests can enjoy public hot spring baths separate per gender, one of which overlooks Akan Lake.Restaurant Araragi specializes in Hokkaido cuisine and uses homegrown vegetables. It serves a Japanese breakfast between 07:00 and 09:00, and a Japanese course dinner between 18:00 and 20:00. Bar Lounge Espoir and tea lounge Mizubasho boast Akan Lake views, with complimentary coffee at the tea lounge.Hotel Akankoso is a 55-minute drive from Kushiro Airport, and an 80-minute drive from Kushiro City. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- The room I received was very big by Japanese hotel standards, and the view of the edge of the lake and forest was perfect. Staff were pleasant, breakfast buffet plentiful. In a town this small there are no bad locations.
- Very nice hotel for an affordable price in Akan. The staff is very nice and welcoming, the hotel facilities spacious and comfortable. The outdoor onsen on the 2nd floor is small but amazing and so relaxed, overlooking the lake.
- The hotel is in a wonderful position, right next to the national park and on the lake. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, even if they dont speak English. I liked all the extra touches, including free puddings, soft drinks, ice cream and coffee, along with a little checkout gift. Many little things have been thought of. The hotel is a little run down, but the setting and service makes up for this.
- The surrounding was very serene. The unspoilt forest was just next to the hotel. Took a walk into the forest and chanced upon a group of deers grazing around. Beautiful experience for me. There was also a foot bath nearby the hotel really relaxing for our tired feet! Plenty of souvenir shops right next to the hotel. When we checked out of the hotel, the staff gave us some local biscuits to take along. There were also free flow of coffee and ice cream at the lounge. Arigatogozaimashita!
- Good place to relax in the evening in a japanesestyle environment after a strenuous day.Dinner is delicious.
New Akan Hotel
Located next to Hokkaido’s Lake Akan and featuring a pool and rooftop hot-spring baths, New Akan Hotel is just 650 feet from Akandake-jinja Temple. The spacious rooms have free Wi-Fi.Guests can stay in rooms with tatami (woven-straw) floors and Japanese futon bedding or in rooms with Western-style beds. All have a full private bathroom with Western toilet, and some overlook Lake Akan.Relaxation options include a massage service and sauna, and the outdoor hot-spring baths and hot tub have lake views. A video-game arcade and gift shop are also available.Ainu Traditional Dance Theater and Ainu Kotan Village are both located within a 10-minute walk from the hotel.Felice Dining Room serves breakfasts and dinners of local specialties made with fresh ingredients. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- We enjoyed your breakfast and dinner buffet. The early breakfast at 630 A.M. and early dinner at 530 were good especially for the seniors.
- Food was great !! Lake view was fantastic !! The tatami room was a good experience to me, though Need to sleep on mattress.
- Couldnt be closer to the lake/View from room/
- Amazing roof pool and onsen with lake view.Staff makes his best for breakfast and dinner during COVID period.
- The roof top pool is amazing, the view of sunset from water…an unforgettable experience.The buffet is also great.
Located right by the Akan National Park, Moritsubetsu features public hot-spring baths and a sauna. Guests can look out into the surrounding woods and take walks by the spacious garden. JR Kitami Train Station is a 60-minute drive away. Free WiFi is available at the lobby.The air-conditioned rooms feature tatami (woven-straw) floors and Japanese futon bedding. A flat-screen TV, safety deposit box and a fridge are included in each. Guests can make green tea using the electric kettle and wear the provided Japanese Yukata robes.Guests can request massages for an extra cost, and unwind in a hot-spring bath that can be reserved for private use. Local products can be purchased at the souvenir shop, while laundry facilities is on site.Moritsubetsu Hotel is a 20-minute drive from Tsubetsu Pass Observatory and a 50-minute drive from Bihoro Pass. Memanbetsu Airport is a 60-minute drive away. It is a 5-hour drive to Sapporo. Lake Kussharo and Lake Mashu are a 30-minute and 80-minute drive away, respectively. Lake Akan is an 80-minute drive away.Japanese set menus are served for breakfast and dinner at the restaurant.
No reviews yet.
Kussharo Genya Youth Guesthouse
Overlooking Lake Kussharo, Kussharo Genya Youth Guest house is a 20-minute drive from Mashu Station, and a free 2-way shuttle is provided with an advance reservation. Designed by the Hokkaido-born Takeshi Araki, it offers a natural hot spring bath, internet PCs and free Wi-Fi access in all areas.Both private rooms and a bunk in dormitory rooms are available. The rooms feature heating facilities and wooden furnishing with warm colors. Bathroom facilities are shared.The guest house has 2 public hot spring baths, one for male guests and the other for female guests. Bicycle rentals (from April to October) are available for guests who wish to explore the area. The staff can provide information about local sightseeing spots and outdoor activities like canoeing and trekking.Kussharo Genya serves a selection of Japanese dishes, prepared by the owner who used to be a chef. Breakfast and dinner can be enjoyed at the dining room, and a 1-day advanced reservation is required. Guests can also prepare their own meals using a microwave. There are no restaurants or supermarkets around the property.Genya Youth Guest house Kussharo is within a 25-minute drive of Biruwa Station and Lake Kussharo. It is within a 40-minute drive of Mount Io (Atosa Nupuri) and the Lake Mashu Observatory.
- the location, frindly staff members, price and food
- The location, building, rooms, traditional bath, food were all fantastic. I booked breakfast and dinner as any shop/restaurant was so far away. Im so glad I did. Every meal was fantastic. It was great to get back from winter sightseeing and get into a nice hot mineral spring bath. The scenery both close by and further afield is nothing short of spectacular as well as going on the sunrise tour with the owner.
- Comfortable bed and room. constant hot water and a lounge to hang out at. Because the place is located at a side road easy access by car, there was not much streetlights which made star gazing possible! good wifi. Wash basin available in room
- I dont like anymore Bookink !!!!You put a plac ,in the list of places l was looking for, which was not even close to the place Omachi, then icould not cansel it becaus of comuniction problems. I couldnot even find another place for the night and then you charge me for the all amount. After about 70 rooms i booked from you at this trip. I am waiting to hear from you about it !!!
- I was travelling by car and this was a perfect base to explore the surrounding areas of Akan Mashu National park. The hosts are lovely enough to pick up guests from the train station however if necessary. I was overwhelmed by the kindness and the incredibly delicious traditional food that was served for dinner and breakfast. I would happily stay here again if I return.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Akankohan